Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MaDMaX**
    • By MaDMaX** 17th May 19, 3:50 PM
    • 34Posts
    • 12Thanks
    MaDMaX**
    Surveyor required for Help to buy equity
    • 17th May 19, 3:50 PM
    Surveyor required for Help to buy equity 17th May 19 at 3:50 PM
    as title states,

after any recommendations for a Surveyor, in the Trowbridge/Wiltshire Area, who can do a valuation for my Help to buy equity loan as going through a remortgage,

I got quotes from White Horse Surveyors and Allied Surveyors, both reasonable quotes around 300

but checked reviews on trust pilot for both are not good, !

so thinking i need to spend my money elsewhere,
Page 1
    • SuperHan
    • By SuperHan 17th May 19, 3:52 PM
    • 2,158 Posts
    • 1,299 Thanks
    SuperHan
    • 17th May 19, 3:52 PM
    • 17th May 19, 3:52 PM
    I've just had a full structural survey done by Allied Surveyors - instructed 9 days ago, received report today.

I did actually ring a local surveyor, but they were part of the Allied Surveyors network so correspondence has been with them.

They've been great, the guy has been really friendly, amenable to our questions and the report seems thorough. I would recommend.
    • MaDMaX**
    • By MaDMaX** 17th May 19, 4:07 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    MaDMaX**
    • 17th May 19, 4:07 PM
    • 17th May 19, 4:07 PM
    I've just had a full structural survey done by Allied Surveyors - instructed 9 days ago, received report today.

I did actually ring a local surveyor, but they were part of the Allied Surveyors network so correspondence has been with them.

They've been great, the guy has been really friendly, amenable to our questions and the report seems thorough. I would recommend.
    Originally posted by SuperHan
    ah ok, thanks thats good to know, will hold out until Monday and see if anyone else comments, but, think Allied it is then,
    • Tom99
    • By Tom99 17th May 19, 4:39 PM
    • 4,040 Posts
    • 2,835 Thanks
    Tom99
    • 17th May 19, 4:39 PM
    • 17th May 19, 4:39 PM
    I doubt many people would think about writing a positive report on Trust Pilot for a surveyor, its not the most exiting thing to buy therefore most comments are likely to be negative.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,799Posts Today

7,127Users online

Martin's Twitter