Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nicdigby
    • By nicdigby 17th May 19, 3:02 PM
    • 57Posts
    • 2Thanks
    nicdigby
    If I have 8k income rather than £7700 does CTC award me less the next year ?
    • 17th May 19, 3:02 PM
    If I have 8k income rather than £7700 does CTC award me less the next year ? 17th May 19 at 3:02 PM
    Still struggling to find out if an official error payment should be counted as income when I declare my annual income on the child tax credits renewal form.

If I err on the side of caution and eg say I earned £8000, (when actually it was £7700 plus £300 official error payment which theyíve said I donít have to repay), will they calculate my award for the coming tax year as that I will receive £300 less child tax credits?? ie is there a threshold or system by which if I earn more then I receive less CTC next year?

If not then I will just declare the higher figure (because the CTC helpline donít know the answer either).
Page 1
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 17th May 19, 5:16 PM
    • 6,397 Posts
    • 4,811 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 17th May 19, 5:16 PM
    • 17th May 19, 5:16 PM
    What was your income figure for last year?

There is a disregard of £2500 increase or decrease between last year's income figure and your final figure for this year.

Once your final figure for the year is known the estimate is ignored. It is only to try and pay out the correct amount in year.

You can check the figures here https://www.gov.uk/tax-credits-calculator
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

372Posts Today

3,689Users online

Martin's Twitter