Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Matty36
    • By Matty36 17th May 19, 2:04 PM
    • 82Posts
    • 56Thanks
    Matty36
    ebay seller refunded money without supplying return address and label
    • 17th May 19, 2:04 PM
    ebay seller refunded money without supplying return address and label 17th May 19 at 2:04 PM
    Opened a return case to return a Not as Described Item. Seller is fine about it. They tried to offer discount but I turned that down as the item is totally different from the one I ordered.

However, they immediately supplied a refund before supplying a return label, which in turn closed the case. Wasn't I suppose to be supplied with a return label with a return address to send the item back? I googled it and it says the return label should be inside that case. Surely the refund shouldn't have happened until the seller had received it?

With the case now closed because of the early refund, with no return address or label, what should I do? I want to return it in case the seller opens a case against me for not returning it.

I would contact ebay for advice, but their contact form has conveniently disappeared from their website. There is nothing in their contacts and help page about contacting ebay
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 17th May 19, 2:17 PM
    • 62,009 Posts
    • 44,469 Thanks
    soolin
    • 17th May 19, 2:17 PM
    • 17th May 19, 2:17 PM
    Opened a return case to return a Not as Described Item. Seller is fine about it. They tried to offer discount but I turned that down as the item is totally different from the one I ordered.

However, they immediately supplied a refund before supplying a return label, which in turn closed the case. Wasn't I suppose to be supplied with a return label with a return address to send the item back? I googled it and it says the return label should be inside that case. Surely the refund shouldn't have happened until the seller had received it?

With the case now closed because of the early refund, with no return address or label, what should I do? I want to return it in case the seller opens a case against me for not returning it.

I would contact ebay for advice, but their contact form has conveniently disappeared from their website. There is nothing in their contacts and help page about contacting ebay
    Originally posted by Matty36
    If it was an obvious SNAD then many sellers will just refund and not pay for the item to be returned, I've done it on obviously damaged or broken items.

Just email the seller, thank them for the refund and ask if they want the item sent back and if so are they sending the label.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Matty36
    • By Matty36 17th May 19, 2:25 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    Matty36
    • 17th May 19, 2:25 PM
    • 17th May 19, 2:25 PM
    Ok, will do. Thanks

First time this has happened to me so confused me a bit
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,696Posts Today

6,883Users online

Martin's Twitter