Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sugar_daddy1237
    • By sugar_daddy1237 17th May 19, 12:43 PM
    • 55Posts
    • 367Thanks
    sugar_daddy1237
    Wrong contract in bundle. ?significant
    • 17th May 19, 12:43 PM
    Wrong contract in bundle. ?significant 17th May 19 at 12:43 PM
    Hi wise people.
    I'm helping someone with a case for stopping in a no stopping road & the company have sent a bundle for us. In that, the contract attached is for another area & not for the road or case is concerned with. Is this significant? If it's just a human error, can they bring the correct contract to court.
Page 1
    • BrownTrout
    • By BrownTrout 17th May 19, 1:17 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 295 Thanks
    BrownTrout
    • 17th May 19, 1:17 PM
    • 17th May 19, 1:17 PM
    Keep quiet they may have shot themselves in the foot......
    • sugar_daddy1237
    • By sugar_daddy1237 17th May 19, 4:39 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 367 Thanks
    sugar_daddy1237
    • 17th May 19, 4:39 PM
    • 17th May 19, 4:39 PM
    I'm guessing it matters then. We've got a court date in a couple of weeks time. So can the company send the correct contract or bring it to the court? Should I mention this in my WS?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 17th May 19, 4:49 PM
    • 6,542 Posts
    • 8,667 Thanks
    waamo
    • 17th May 19, 4:49 PM
    • 17th May 19, 4:49 PM
    I'm guessing it matters then. We've got a court date in a couple of weeks time. So can the company send the correct contract or bring it to the court? Should I mention this in my WS?
    Originally posted by sugar_daddy1237
    After being advised to keep quiet you want to mention it to them?

No surprises are allowed in court so if they can't show the correct one in time it hampers their case no end.

You usually have a deadline to submit evidence. After that they will struggle to get it through. Hopefully nobody will tip them off.
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 19, 5:47 PM
    • 72,078 Posts
    • 84,429 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th May 19, 5:47 PM
    • 17th May 19, 5:47 PM
    Keep quiet they may have shot themselves in the foot......
    Originally posted by BrownTrout
    100% agree!

Point it out in court and refuse to let the case be adjourned if they squeak that they need time to address the error. Tough, you will have been put to more than enough harassment and have taken a day off work, so go for the jugular and win, and then seek your costs.

Don't forget to file & serve your Costs Schedule (see NEWBIES thread) as well as your WS and evidence but no mention of that contract...not till the hearing!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,324Posts Today

6,775Users online

Martin's Twitter