Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • VintageBelle
    • By VintageBelle 17th May 19, 12:19 PM
    • 289Posts
    • 209Thanks
    VintageBelle
    Random cheque from Eon
    • 17th May 19, 12:19 PM
    Random cheque from Eon 17th May 19 at 12:19 PM
    Hello

Yesterday Eon sent me a cheque for 70 apologising for an issue and saying the cheque was for an agreed amount but I have no idea what it's for. Is this something across the board for all customers?

We did have to call them out a couple of months ago regarding the gas meter as they may need to replace but this is ongoing as they need to come back due to not being able to reach it (long story not their fault) so I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with that.

I'm baffled.

Cheers

Anna
Page 1
    • Matty36
    • By Matty36 17th May 19, 1:16 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Matty36
    • 17th May 19, 1:16 PM
    • 17th May 19, 1:16 PM
    Theres no way we can know. You need to call or email them to clarify what it is for.

Just don't spend it in case it was sent in error and they ask for it back.

Could it have been credit on your account? Log in and see if you see anything there
    Last edited by Matty36; 17-05-2019 at 1:19 PM.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 17th May 19, 2:04 PM
    • 5,563 Posts
    • 2,469 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 17th May 19, 2:04 PM
    • 17th May 19, 2:04 PM
    Did they miss appointments to sort out your metering issue? Compo for those.

I'd be inclined to bank it - but just make sure you have enough slack in your bank account if they later ask for it back.
    • jaybeetoo
    • By jaybeetoo 17th May 19, 3:35 PM
    • 814 Posts
    • 418 Thanks
    jaybeetoo
    • 17th May 19, 3:35 PM
    • 17th May 19, 3:35 PM
    Did they miss appointments to sort out your metering issue? Compo for those.

I'd be inclined to bank it - but just make sure you have enough slack in your bank account if they later ask for it back.
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    The OP should not bank it until they know what it is for. Banking it could mean acceptance of full and final settlement.
    • greyteam1959
    • By greyteam1959 17th May 19, 4:12 PM
    • 2,618 Posts
    • 1,233 Thanks
    greyteam1959
    • 17th May 19, 4:12 PM
    • 17th May 19, 4:12 PM
    The obvious answer is to contact Eon is it not ???
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,937Posts Today

5,093Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is a very useful and interesting, factual piece about what the PM's new Brexit proposals mean and how new they? https://t.co/qM1bCz6FZp

• After two cancellations, I'm on the 3rd train back from Manch. Just heard its being rerouted as someone's taken tak? https://t.co/sRO4cvoWIw

• RT @helen_undy: It's hard campaigning at the moment. Trying to cut through amid Brexit votes, protests & political resignations can feel fu?

• Follow Martin