Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sammy2018
    • By Sammy2018 17th May 19, 11:47 AM
    • 34Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Sammy2018
    MOT passed but not showing on Gov. website?
    • 17th May 19, 11:47 AM
    MOT passed but not showing on Gov. website? 17th May 19 at 11:47 AM
    Hi all.

Car passed MOT after failure, but when I checked it on the government website, it still showed info for the failure.

Granted, it's only been an hour or so since I picked up the pass certificate from the garage, but I thought the new info should be on the website by now. Afterall, the failures more or less showed up straightaway.

Just to add, the expiry date for the old MOT is on 27.5.19. Do I have to wait until then for the database to be updated?

Thanks.
Page 1
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 17th May 19, 11:52 AM
    • 22,391 Posts
    • 21,209 Thanks
    AdrianC
    • 17th May 19, 11:52 AM
    • 17th May 19, 11:52 AM
    Car passed MOT after failure, but when I checked it on the government website, it still showed info for the failure.

Granted, it's only been an hour or so since I picked up the pass certificate from the garage, but I thought the new info should be on the website by now. Afterall, the failures more or less showed up straightaway.
    Originally posted by Sammy2018
    It should be just about instant.
    When he logs the test on the computer, which is what generates the certificate, it should be logged at DVSA automatically.

Only thing I can think of offhand is that maybe his internet connection was giving grief, so it was done as an off-line test, and it'll be uploaded when it's back.

Just to add, the expiry date for the old MOT is on 27.5.19. Do I have to wait until then for the database to be updated?
    A mate took one in this morning - it's showing, even though the old test doesn't expire until mid June.
    • wymondham
    • By wymondham 17th May 19, 2:53 PM
    • 5,527 Posts
    • 10,261 Thanks
    wymondham
    • 17th May 19, 2:53 PM
    • 17th May 19, 2:53 PM
    Might be stacked in a pile for bulk entry later in the day....
    • facade
    • By facade 17th May 19, 5:31 PM
    • 3,770 Posts
    • 1,988 Thanks
    facade
    • 17th May 19, 5:31 PM
    • 17th May 19, 5:31 PM
    There are 2 pages that you can use, one-check MOT status- takes days to update, the other- check MOT history- is instant.

(No idea why this is the case, I blame Brexit)
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science )
    • Sammy2018
    • By Sammy2018 17th May 19, 9:06 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Sammy2018
    • 17th May 19, 9:06 PM
    • 17th May 19, 9:06 PM
    Thanks for the responses, guys. And it's showing up now ��
    • docmatt
    • By docmatt 18th May 19, 7:11 AM
    • 900 Posts
    • 469 Thanks
    docmatt
    • 18th May 19, 7:11 AM
    • 18th May 19, 7:11 AM
    The same with car tax. I taxed my car on the Friday and it didnít update online till Monday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,967Posts Today

4,520Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is a very useful and interesting, factual piece about what the PM's new Brexit proposals mean and how new they? https://t.co/qM1bCz6FZp

• After two cancellations, I'm on the 3rd train back from Manch. Just heard its being rerouted as someone's taken tak? https://t.co/sRO4cvoWIw

• RT @helen_undy: It's hard campaigning at the moment. Trying to cut through amid Brexit votes, protests & political resignations can feel fu?

• Follow Martin