Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nl.lancaster
    • By nl.lancaster 17th May 19, 11:25 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    nl.lancaster
    Thompson and Morgan 20 'lucky dip' hanging basket flowers
    • 17th May 19, 11:25 AM
    Thompson and Morgan 20 'lucky dip' hanging basket flowers 17th May 19 at 11:25 AM
    So we ordered the lucky dip plants thinking they were great value, however, for multiple reasons we are not happy.
    1) when delivered they were left leaning on the front door (in the scorching sunlight) even though we have clear access to a back garden for them to be left in.
    2) when opened, the plants were in fact tiny and completely shrivelled and almost dead
    3) we have tried to revive the plants but are still unsure whether they will even live if potted
    4) they are so small we are not even sure if they will fill one pot (we were aware they were hanging basket plants so were not expecting large plants but these were minute)

They were definitely not worth the money spent on them and that will be even if they live!
    very disappointed in Thompson and Morgan!
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 17th May 19, 12:39 PM
    • 22,627 Posts
    • 18,623 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 17th May 19, 12:39 PM
    • 17th May 19, 12:39 PM
    1) Did you provide instructions on where to leave them?

2) Have you complained and what have T&M said?
    • Jeannine
    • By Jeannine 17th May 19, 12:50 PM
    • 324 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    Jeannine
    • 17th May 19, 12:50 PM
    • 17th May 19, 12:50 PM
    Mine arrived today (assuming it’s the same as what you ordered). They were delivered by Royal Mail and the package fitted through the letterbox. I had already received an email from T&M so I knew they were on the way. The plants were in reasonably good shape and there was a good range. They are already potted up!

So, perhaps you should have a word with your postie about where to leave parcels if you’re not at home...
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 17th May 19, 6:30 PM
    • 6,404 Posts
    • 4,817 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 17th May 19, 6:30 PM
    • 17th May 19, 6:30 PM
    The plants are plug plants described as 3-6 cms in height. That is from the base to the tip of the plant.

They are meant to potted up and grown on before planting out.

They are not meant to fill a basket when supplied.

It is hardly T& M 's fault that your delivery was left in the scorching heat.

I have ordered several plants for T& M and they have all arrived in good condition. Yes some were tiny but the size of the plugs was given in the description.
    • venison
    • By venison 17th May 19, 9:20 PM
    • 3,241 Posts
    • 4,210 Thanks
    venison
    • 17th May 19, 9:20 PM
    • 17th May 19, 9:20 PM
    I gave up on TM long ago
    If you are not part of the solution then you must be part of the problem.
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 17th May 19, 9:22 PM
    • 10,865 Posts
    • 12,324 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 17th May 19, 9:22 PM
    • 17th May 19, 9:22 PM
    I gave up on TM long ago
    Originally posted by venison
    So have quite a few members of her cabinet.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,937Posts Today

5,093Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is a very useful and interesting, factual piece about what the PM's new Brexit proposals mean and how new they? https://t.co/qM1bCz6FZp

• After two cancellations, I'm on the 3rd train back from Manch. Just heard its being rerouted as someone's taken tak? https://t.co/sRO4cvoWIw

• RT @helen_undy: It's hard campaigning at the moment. Trying to cut through amid Brexit votes, protests & political resignations can feel fu?

• Follow Martin