Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Username3456
    • By Username3456 17th May 19, 10:27 AM
    • 27Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Username3456
    Revisiting Property before exchange
    • 17th May 19, 10:27 AM
    Revisiting Property before exchange 17th May 19 at 10:27 AM
    I guess this is more about trust but with a large purchase shouldn't it be advised as I am not sure how often it happens?

Basically due to holidays of multiple parties in our chain the completion date now is not until Mid July. It was originally going to be 31st May. (I am not sure when we are going to exchange but I suspect it can't be far off)

We have not visited the property since 16th Feb..and our surveyor not since 29th March.

This is nothing to do with changing our mind or anything like that, just of course a lot can happen since then?
Page 1
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 17th May 19, 10:33 AM
    • 22,380 Posts
    • 21,198 Thanks
    AdrianC
    • 17th May 19, 10:33 AM
    • 17th May 19, 10:33 AM
    Yes, it's a good idea. The EA should be able to arrange with the vendor.
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 17th May 19, 10:45 AM
    • 11,670 Posts
    • 15,578 Thanks
    hazyjo
    • 17th May 19, 10:45 AM
    • 17th May 19, 10:45 AM
    As above - a good idea to revisit before exchange.

However, the vendor will think you're having second thoughts and will be worrying unduly, so please say something like 'it's to measure up' which has pretty much become code for 'check it's still standing and you've not trashed it' but said more politely
    2019 wins: Bottle of Prosecco; Popcorn Shed popcorn...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,271Posts Today

6,658Users online

Martin's Twitter