Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jak
    • By jak 17th May 19, 7:47 AM
    • 1,594Posts
    • 3,419Thanks
    jak
    Pip backdated payment will take me over my savings limit
    • 17th May 19, 7:47 AM
    Pip backdated payment will take me over my savings limit 17th May 19 at 7:47 AM
    I just found out my mandatory reconsideration pip was successful yay! I will be receiving a back payment of £3000! My question is this: If this payment then takes me over the savings limit of £6k, do I have to declare it? Or is it exempt because itís a lump sum back payment? Some info says itís disregarded for 12 months? Is this the case or not because I have other savings? (Due to the fact Iíve done nothing for So long as Iíve been so ill)
    Many thanks
    Newly disabled and finding life tough! Please be gentle with me xx
Page 1
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 17th May 19, 8:03 AM
    • 2,436 Posts
    • 1,620 Thanks
    calcotti
    • 17th May 19, 8:03 AM
    • 17th May 19, 8:03 AM
    The arrears will be ignored as capital for 52 weeks. So for the next 52 weeks your capital to be taken into account is your actual capital less £3000. After that your capital to be taken into account will be your actual capital.
    • jak
    • By jak 17th May 19, 8:04 AM
    • 1,594 Posts
    • 3,419 Thanks
    jak
    • 17th May 19, 8:04 AM
    • 17th May 19, 8:04 AM
    Brilliant thank you x
    • ev8
    • By ev8 17th May 19, 10:23 AM
    • 206 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    ev8
    • 17th May 19, 10:23 AM
    • 17th May 19, 10:23 AM
    Well done on getting the award you deserve on MR!
    • jak
    • By jak 17th May 19, 8:09 PM
    • 1,594 Posts
    • 3,419 Thanks
    jak
    • 17th May 19, 8:09 PM
    • 17th May 19, 8:09 PM
    Thank you. It’s beem such a stressful nightmare. I’m just so glad it over for now xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

33Posts Today

2,467Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is a very useful and interesting, factual piece about what the PM's new Brexit proposals mean and how new they? https://t.co/qM1bCz6FZp

• After two cancellations, I'm on the 3rd train back from Manch. Just heard its being rerouted as someone's taken tak? https://t.co/sRO4cvoWIw

• RT @helen_undy: It's hard campaigning at the moment. Trying to cut through amid Brexit votes, protests & political resignations can feel fu?

• Follow Martin