Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lamby12345
    • By lamby12345 17th May 19, 7:44 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lamby12345
    Speeding fine in UK
    • 17th May 19, 7:44 AM
    Speeding fine in UK 17th May 19 at 7:44 AM
    Can anyone help?!

I went though a speed camera on Sunday 28th April, I was doing 41mph in a 30mph zone (&#128556. I received a notice on Friday 3rd May saying this was my speed and that Iíve got £100 fine and 3 points in my licence with no mention of a speed awareness course first (this is my first speeding fine, donít they offer that first?). There was something in there about a conditional offer when I send the paperwork back after itís been filled out. I sent the form back on the same day through the letterbox and still havenít heard anything, today is 17th May. What do I do?
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th May 19, 7:46 AM
    • 22,461 Posts
    • 28,475 Thanks
    Redx
    • 17th May 19, 7:46 AM
    • 17th May 19, 7:46 AM
    as this is not a private parking charge , post over on pepipoo fightback forums in their section for these topics

do NOT use a hotmail address, use gmail or similar for signup
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • waamo
    • By waamo 17th May 19, 8:00 AM
    • 6,540 Posts
    • 8,667 Thanks
    waamo
    • 17th May 19, 8:00 AM
    • 17th May 19, 8:00 AM
    They are under no obligation to offer a course and if this was in Scotland you won't get one. It sounds like you weren't offered one.

Make sure you return all paperwork promptly.
    This space for hire.
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 17th May 19, 8:07 AM
    • 4,450 Posts
    • 5,548 Thanks
    Johno100
    • 17th May 19, 8:07 AM
    • 17th May 19, 8:07 AM
    They are under no obligation to offer a course and if this was in Scotland you won't get one. It sounds like you weren't offered one.
    Originally posted by waamo
    They can't offer one (if available) until the OP as registered keeper has confirmed who was driving.

Make sure you return all paperwork promptly.
    Originally posted by waamo
    They say they did on the same day.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 17th May 19, 8:17 AM
    • 6,540 Posts
    • 8,667 Thanks
    waamo
    • 17th May 19, 8:17 AM
    • 17th May 19, 8:17 AM
    They can't offer one (if available) until the OP as registered keeper has confirmed who was driving.

They say they did on the same day.
    Originally posted by Johno100
    I'm not entirely sure what the op means by this

There was something in there about a conditional offer
    It would help if they knew if that was the nomination form or the actual COFP. I was guessing it was the latter but on reflection it may not have been.

As with all legal stuff it pays to actually read it.
    Last edited by waamo; 17-05-2019 at 9:18 AM.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

372Posts Today

3,689Users online

Martin's Twitter