Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mousehoover
    • By Mousehoover 16th May 19, 7:52 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Mousehoover
    Fistral ,Newquay PCN when we had bought tickets - help please!
    • 16th May 19, 7:52 PM
    Fistral ,Newquay PCN when we had bought tickets - help please! 16th May 19 at 7:52 PM
    Hi,
    I've seen some really helpful replies on here and was hoping someone could help me too!

The keeper of the car just received two PCNs from Fistral Beach, Newquay . One notice is from the parking company, the other is from a debt collection company although the original notice was never recieved. Both PCNs are past their 28 day appeal period so it's not possible to appeal through the companies website and they only give a postal address as contact details.

On both occasions, the driver definitely paid for all the time they were there. They topped up the initial ticket to extend the time. The ticket times did not match up exactly but there is a sign in the car park saying "addition time can be purchased from the payment machines before exiting the car park" so that should've covered them.

For one of the dates, The driver still has the tickets but not for the other. Extra time was definitely bought the other time though because The driver remembers having a long conversation about it at the time.

The debt company were no help. The keeper has contacted the British Parking Association who have said that they will forward the appeal request via email to the company asking for a late appeal to be accepted.

Any suggestions would be very welcome! I echo other comments on here that the operator shouldn't get away with this scam - total fines in the hundreds! MP will be contacted once it is resolved,

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Mousehoover; 16-05-2019 at 8:42 PM. Reason: advised to.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 16th May 19, 8:27 PM
    • 39,553 Posts
    • 88,215 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 16th May 19, 8:27 PM
    • 16th May 19, 8:27 PM
    Edit your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.

Next, read the sticky thread or NEWBIES. This explains why you should never, ever contact a debt crawler. There is also a ready written appeal in blue text The Keeper can send by post, first class from a PO counter and obtaining a free proof of posting.

You could also send the appeal via the BPA, but since they are paid by parking scammers, don't expect them to be on your side.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 19, 8:43 PM
    • 71,904 Posts
    • 84,322 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th May 19, 8:43 PM
    I have contacted the British Parking Association who have said that if I email them, they will forward my appeal request to the company asking for a late appeal to be accepted.
    Good.

So, if this Initial Parking, you know what to do from all the other Fistral threads...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Mousehoover
    • By Mousehoover 16th May 19, 8:43 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mousehoover
    Thanks Fruitcake!

I edited it. Sounds weird but get in practice for when the keeper submits an appeal ;-)
    • Mousehoover
    • By Mousehoover 16th May 19, 9:37 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mousehoover
    • 16th May 19, 9:37 PM
    • 16th May 19, 9:37 PM
    Thanks Coupon-Mad! apologies for not doing more reading round before posting.

Quick query, I'm going to send the TEMPLATE ''ONE SIZE FITS ALL'' FIRST APPEAL THAT DOESN'T SAY WHO WAS DRIVING from the other thread.

Should I attach the scans of the tickets that were bought or does that contradict the content of the first appeal which is about not having entered into a contract.

Thanks.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th May 19, 11:14 PM
    • 22,461 Posts
    • 28,473 Thanks
    Redx
    • 16th May 19, 11:14 PM
    • 16th May 19, 11:14 PM
    the KEEPER is appealing any pcn, not the driver

the keeper has obtained the receipts from the driver and is submitting copies as proof of purchase by the driver with their KEEPER appeal

capiche ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 19, 12:28 AM
    • 71,904 Posts
    • 84,322 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th May 19, 12:28 AM
    • 17th May 19, 12:28 AM
    But you don't need to attach anything. Initial have been running away as soon as they see the template.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th May 19, 7:56 AM
    • 22,461 Posts
    • 28,473 Thanks
    Redx
    • 17th May 19, 7:56 AM
    • 17th May 19, 7:56 AM
    I hadnt realised that yet ANOTHER parking company (Initial) was operating this car park , the previous being SMART and before that PARKING EYE

seems to change more often than people in the cabinet !!!

so as an aside , I have never heard of INITIAL until now but the 30 years they say they have been operating (on their website) doesnt seem to tally with their companies house registration , lol
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 17th May 19, 8:07 AM
    • 12,999 Posts
    • 13,328 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 17th May 19, 8:07 AM
    • 17th May 19, 8:07 AM
    Complain to The Tourist Board, local pares and radio stations, tFacebook and Trip Advisror pages, the land owner, the local MP and your own MP, these companies are harming the local tourist industry. Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams and will fail in court.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    o,
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Mousehoover
    • By Mousehoover 17th May 19, 11:05 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mousehoover
    Thanks Everyone. Really helpful forum, so glad i found you. Feels so hopeless when you're faced with the brick wall of the phone operators and computer says no websites.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,696Posts Today

6,883Users online

Martin's Twitter