Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kyle1412
    • By kyle1412 16th May 19, 5:09 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kyle1412
    HSBC Mortgage dilemma
    • 16th May 19, 5:09 PM
    HSBC Mortgage dilemma 16th May 19 at 5:09 PM
    So im in a bit of a sticky situation. 3 years ago i was working overseas and my credit was not the best.
    I found a house i liked and my in laws kindly offered to buy it until i could get the mortgage.
    Im now back working in the uk and in a position to be able to apply and have had a decision in principal accepted by HSBC.
    My credit is fair according to check my file and i only have an arrangement to pay left on there which will be removed in july.
    I earn 78k a year but have 12k on a credit card with hsbc and quite high out goings.
    My in laws now want me to take over the mortgage but i am worried my high credit card and average credit will stop me getting the mortgage.
    What do you think my chances would be of getting the mortgage.

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • BoGoF
    • By BoGoF 16th May 19, 5:35 PM
    • 4,393 Posts
    • 3,932 Thanks
    BoGoF
    • 16th May 19, 5:35 PM
    • 16th May 19, 5:35 PM
    Give us a clue....how much is property worth and how much mortgage is outstanding?
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 16th May 19, 5:59 PM
    • 11,057 Posts
    • 4,409 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 16th May 19, 5:59 PM
    • 16th May 19, 5:59 PM
    If you are expecting the difference between the value and the price your in laws will sell to to act as your deposit you are looking at the wrong lender.

HSBC will expect you to put your own cash in. If your in-laws are living in the property, and expect to continue to do so, matters are even more complex.

If you are smart, you will forget HSBC and consult a good mortgage broker.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • kyle1412
    • By kyle1412 16th May 19, 7:18 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kyle1412
    • 16th May 19, 7:18 PM
    • 16th May 19, 7:18 PM
    The out standing mortgage is 295k and the house is worth 450k.

They do not want to stay living there.
    When they bought the house my name was added to the deeds and Hsbc have said I do not need a deposit as my name is already on the deeds. I think they call it a transfer of title but I will still need to do a normal mortgage application.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

29Posts Today

2,670Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is a very useful and interesting, factual piece about what the PM's new Brexit proposals mean and how new they? https://t.co/qM1bCz6FZp

• After two cancellations, I'm on the 3rd train back from Manch. Just heard its being rerouted as someone's taken tak? https://t.co/sRO4cvoWIw

• RT @helen_undy: It's hard campaigning at the moment. Trying to cut through amid Brexit votes, protests & political resignations can feel fu?

• Follow Martin