Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • EllieLo
    • By EllieLo 16th May 19, 4:41 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    EllieLo
    Compliance meeting
    • 16th May 19, 4:41 PM
    Compliance meeting 16th May 19 at 4:41 PM
    Good afternoon, first time poster here! I received a letter from my local JC today to attend a compliance meeting. It states:

"We need to talk to you about some changes that may affect your benefits payments."
    It sounds really serious, says that I must be available for this interview and asks me to bring ID, statements and payslips.
    Has anybody ever received this?

I've been in my current job for 6 months, I work part time, pro-rata salary, and I also have a separate contract for bank staff which is 0 hrs and I get separate payslip for doing bank hours. I told them about this and they said that because it's from the same employer it would come from them to report extra earnings.

Last month I had a call to say that my employer didn't report my earnings which resulted in overpayment. I have read out figures on my payslip and ended up with a small debt which is unfortunate, but not the end of the world.

What could this interview be about? I've not got anything to worry about but im getting in a right state trying to figure it out! Please help!!
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 16th May 19, 4:45 PM
    • 5,026 Posts
    • 4,628 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 16th May 19, 4:45 PM
    • 16th May 19, 4:45 PM
    Good afternoon, first time poster here! I received a letter from my local JC today to attend a compliance meeting. It states:

"We need to talk to you about some changes that may affect your benefits payments."
    It sounds really serious, says that I must be available for this interview and asks me to bring ID, statements and payslips.
    Has anybody ever received this?

I've been in my current job for 6 months, I work part time, pro-rata salary, and I also have a separate contract for bank staff which is 0 hrs and I get separate payslip for doing bank hours. I told them about this and they said that because it's from the same employer it would come from them to report extra earnings.

Last month I had a call to say that my employer didn't report my earnings which resulted in overpayment. I have read out figures on my payslip and ended up with a small debt which is unfortunate, but not the end of the world.

What could this interview be about? I've not got anything to worry about but im getting in a right state trying to figure it out! Please help!!
    Originally posted by EllieLo
    It's impossible to answer that question. Ring the number on the letter and ask what it's about and they should tell you more information.
    • MarkN88
    • By MarkN88 16th May 19, 4:46 PM
    • 687 Posts
    • 377 Thanks
    MarkN88
    • 16th May 19, 4:46 PM
    • 16th May 19, 4:46 PM
    There has been so many compliance threads recently too, I suggest reading those too.
    • EllieLo
    • By EllieLo 16th May 19, 4:52 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EllieLo
    • 16th May 19, 4:52 PM
    • 16th May 19, 4:52 PM
    I have and she said she needs to see me face to face to discuss. I don't know if that was due to data protection?
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 16th May 19, 5:28 PM
    • 5,026 Posts
    • 4,628 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 16th May 19, 5:28 PM
    • 16th May 19, 5:28 PM
    Unfortunately, people here could only guess what it's about.
    • Mrsn
    • By Mrsn 17th May 19, 6:00 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Mrsn
    • 17th May 19, 6:00 PM
    • 17th May 19, 6:00 PM
    It really could be anything, I know that’s not very helpful for you. Very possibly the person on the phone wouldn’t tell you due to Data Protection, you could try calling again and see if you manage to get another person who would be a bit more helpful. My DH’s wages weren’t reported in April for an unknown reason but we haven’t received anything like that so not sure if it would be down to this. Are you claiming UC?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

449Posts Today

4,031Users online

Martin's Twitter