Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sunshineintherain
    • By sunshineintherain 16th May 19, 3:30 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sunshineintherain
    Travel expenses after JSA
    • 16th May 19, 3:30 PM
    Travel expenses after JSA 16th May 19 at 3:30 PM
    Hi everyone,

I have recently (about 2 and half) weeks ago started a new job, I signed off Job Seeker's Allowance straight off, easy enough to do over the phone. now I have just been asked by friend if I'm getting my travel expenses paid, to be honest I am struggling until I'm paid but apparently I am entitled to them after a little google but my questions are as follows:-

1. Have I left it too long? 2 and a half weeks in.
    2. Do I have to phone up or can I just turn up at my job centre?
    I would've phoned today but I have no credit until it renews over the weekend.

Any help would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • MarkN88
    • By MarkN88 16th May 19, 4:38 PM
    • 683 Posts
    • 375 Thanks
    MarkN88
    • 16th May 19, 4:38 PM
    • 16th May 19, 4:38 PM
    From experience it is usually your work coach at the job centre that would deal with expenses and not the contact centre staff over the phone.

They will probably tell you there is nothing they can do now because you should of asked before you signed off JSA.

There's no harm in asking, but you would need to do this in person, which might be problematic if you work the hours the job centre are open.
    • sunshineintherain
    • By sunshineintherain 16th May 19, 5:04 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sunshineintherain
    • 16th May 19, 5:04 PM
    • 16th May 19, 5:04 PM
    Thank you for that, I will pop in tomorrow morning before I start work and ask, they keep everything quiet don't they? I can only ask and if they say no then so be it.
    Lurked for ever so long.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,725Posts Today

6,908Users online

Martin's Twitter