Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FJET
    • By FJET 16th May 19, 3:02 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    FJET
    Help needed pls
    • 16th May 19, 3:02 PM
    Help needed pls 16th May 19 at 3:02 PM
    Hi
    I could really do with some advice please!

I parked at Croydon Prk Hotel back in February and tried making payment via Park By Text App. The platform was not working and an error message kept coming up "We are unable to connect to parkbytext service. Please try again later." I tried several times and took photos (screen shots) confirming this. I then left the car for just over an hour. Within a week I received a Parking Charge Notice from from PCN Parking Solutions for 60.

I sent an appeal email online with the screen shots but did not hear anything back until I received a letter very recently from UCS Ultimate Customer Solutions (Debt Collection) for final demand for payment of 170. I have just got off the phone with one of their very rude 'collections agents' who insisted an email was sent out last month rejecting my appeal, which I never received!

Could anyone provide some advice or similar experiences with fighting something like this or am I resigned to paying this ridiculous fine?

Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by FJET; 16-05-2019 at 3:05 PM.
Page 1
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 16th May 19, 3:04 PM
    • 13,018 Posts
    • 13,353 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 16th May 19, 3:04 PM
    • 16th May 19, 3:04 PM
    The stickies/FAQs contain a hugeamount ofadvice, have yyou read them?

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams and will fail in court so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 19, 3:20 PM
    • 72,078 Posts
    • 84,414 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th May 19, 3:20 PM
    • 16th May 19, 3:20 PM
    It is not a fine.

STOP phoning debt collectors!

Why on earth do people ever pick the phone up when they get such a letter, what were you expecting, customer service?

Please can you read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread and start ignoring the debt collectors. Come back if you get a court claim to defend (see post #2 of the NEWBIES thread).

No link needed - see my signature below every post I make.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

372Posts Today

3,689Users online

Martin's Twitter