Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • _SB00_
    • By _SB00_ 16th May 19, 1:40 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 5Thanks
    _SB00_
    Highview Parking (Fine)
    • 16th May 19, 1:40 PM
    Highview Parking (Fine) 16th May 19 at 1:40 PM
    Hi,

I received a letter from Highview Parking for a Charge Notice at Tesco Slough, Wellington.

It states, "we do not have a record of this vechile being validated on the parking machine with a customer voucher or it has exceeded the maximum customer stay time displayed on the signage".

Duration was: 2 hours 52 minutes.

I went to this Tesco after a long time and don't recall seeing any pay machines though the max. stay was 3 hours. They mentioned how this is the first occason that the car has over stayed and are offering a PCN rate reduced from 70 to 20.

I've seen the Newbies Thread and blue text template. Should I appeal?

Thank you in advance.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 19, 1:55 PM
    • 72,078 Posts
    • 84,415 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th May 19, 1:55 PM
    • 16th May 19, 1:55 PM
    Yes of course, did you miss the latest Highview case cancelled today?

Read today's posts and find it. Honestly, the same will happen to you.

They are so easy to beat we need no threads about them!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • _SB00_
    • By _SB00_ 16th May 19, 2:23 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    _SB00_
    • 16th May 19, 2:23 PM
    • 16th May 19, 2:23 PM
    Firstly, thank you so much for the quick reply.

So I just finish off the template with my name and address?

Also, I complete the online form by entering my details such as name, email address and select other in the reason field?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 16th May 19, 2:34 PM
    • 13,018 Posts
    • 13,353 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 16th May 19, 2:34 PM
    • 16th May 19, 2:34 PM
    Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams and will fail in court so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 19, 2:36 PM
    • 72,078 Posts
    • 84,415 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th May 19, 2:36 PM
    • 16th May 19, 2:36 PM
    Firstly, thank you so much for the quick reply.

So I just finish off the template with my name and address?

Also, I complete the online form by entering my details such as name, email address and select other in the reason field?
    Originally posted by _SB00_
    Yes, and in the earlier page, if the Highview appeals procedure still looks like it did last time I looked, you DO NOT choose the option that starts ''I was the driver and'' (obviously!).
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • husk
    • By husk 16th May 19, 2:46 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    husk
    • 16th May 19, 2:46 PM
    • 16th May 19, 2:46 PM
    I received a PCN from Highview Parking today even though I validated my parking correctly.

Should I appeal with this information and say that they have made an error, or appeal with the blue template in the newbies thread and not admit that I was the driver?

Please advise on the best course of action, as I may not be able to find my parking validation/ receipt.

Thank you
    Last edited by husk; 16-05-2019 at 2:50 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 19, 3:24 PM
    • 72,078 Posts
    • 84,415 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th May 19, 3:24 PM
    • 16th May 19, 3:24 PM
    Same advice as you already read, not sure why we need to repeat it for other posters, as these are all so easy and all the same:
    I've seen the Newbies Thread and blue text template. Should I appeal?
    Yes of course, did you miss the latest Highview case cancelled today?

Read today's posts and find it. Honestly, the same will happen to you.

They are so easy to beat we need no threads about them!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    • husk
    • By husk 16th May 19, 3:41 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    husk
    • 16th May 19, 3:41 PM
    • 16th May 19, 3:41 PM
    I wasn't asking whether I could get my PCN cancelled by appealing with the template, the answer is obviously yes.

The point is that they sent me a PCN even though I had validated my ticket, and I would prefer on principle to appeal on those grounds.

Of course I am aware both appeals could have the same result, I was questioning whether I would be causing myself further potential issues by giving up my anonymity in my appeal.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 19, 3:51 PM
    • 72,078 Posts
    • 84,415 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th May 19, 3:51 PM
    • 16th May 19, 3:51 PM
    Of course I am aware both appeals could have the same result,
    No they won't.

I was questioning whether I would be causing myself further potential issues by giving up my anonymity in my appeal.
    Yes you would be (but we are not telling you to appeal anonymously...).

This person used the wrong appeal, talking about the story of what happened, to Smart Parking who are very similarly weak, like Highview, and both ALWAYS cancel when they see the forum template:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75794444#post75794444

Not in his case, as he used the wrong appeal.

Use a different version at your peril - you then get a rejection letter & have to waste time faffing about with a POPLA appeal which is a lottery.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th May 19, 3:58 PM
    • 22,461 Posts
    • 28,475 Thanks
    Redx
    or to put it simply

if HV failed POFA 2012, then as KEEPER there is no liability, so who cares about what the driver did or did not do ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • husk
    • By husk 16th May 19, 4:48 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    husk
    Well if the template works I should use it, thank you.

Just noticed that they don't even have my address written correctly on the PCN letter.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 16th May 19, 4:58 PM
    • 4,795 Posts
    • 4,279 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Just noticed that they don't even have my address written correctly on the PCN letter.
    Originally posted by husk
    Is it the same as on the V5C?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th May 19, 4:58 PM
    • 22,461 Posts
    • 28,475 Thanks
    Redx
    in that case check your V5C has the correct name and address on it
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • husk
    • By husk 16th May 19, 5:29 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    husk
    The address on the V5C is correct, the address on the letter is not

They have used the flat number as street address number i.e. 5 ___ Road instead of Flat 5, ___ Road - but it was still delivered due to my name and postcode being correct.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 19, 5:45 PM
    • 72,078 Posts
    • 84,415 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Tell them that, but say when they cancel the PCN, they must in any case, erase your data within the month, as it would not be reasonable to store it once the unfair charge is cancelled.

DO NOT add anything else to the template, don't be tempted. The point is that they must recognise it as the MSE forum appeal, sending them a subliminal message to get lost.
    • husk
    • By husk 17th May 19, 9:42 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    husk
    What is there to be gained by telling them of the address error after the PCN is cancelled?

I have found my Tesco receipt with the validated parking code that the machine 'accepted'. I will inform Tesco of this first not Highview because if it's happened to me it will happen to other customers.

If contacting Tesco fails, I'll send the template to Highview unedited.
    Last edited by husk; 17-05-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 17th May 19, 9:45 AM
    • 6,540 Posts
    • 8,667 Thanks
    waamo
    Telling them after it has been cancelled ensures no accidental slip ups with the appeal. It also doesn't allow them to trick you into naming the driver.
    This space for hire.
    • husk
    • By husk 17th May 19, 9:50 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    husk
    What kind of slip-up? I don't follow. How would the address of the keeper be connected to naming the driver?
    • _SB00_
    • By _SB00_ 19th May 19, 2:28 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    _SB00_
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that my appeal to Highview Parking has been successful.

The notice has been cancelled and have advised me to ignore all letters received regarding the PCN.

Thank you so much for all the help.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 19th May 19, 4:31 PM
    • 6,540 Posts
    • 8,667 Thanks
    waamo
    What kind of slip-up? I don't follow. How would the address of the keeper be connected to naming the driver?
    Originally posted by husk
    Going on replies we see hear 99% of people can't resist telling parking companies "I parked my car" or variations there of.

You can tell people until you are blue in the face but they still do it. Even when they swear blind they won't do it they do.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

402Posts Today

3,662Users online

Martin's Twitter