Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Robshelf
    • By Robshelf 16th May 19, 1:13 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Robshelf
    Heathrow Long Stay Question
    • 16th May 19, 1:13 PM
    Heathrow Long Stay Question 16th May 19 at 1:13 PM
    Hi folks,
    I'm flying out of Heathrow at the end of the month and rather than rush around on the morning of my flight I'm thinking airport hotel and leisurely morning.
    My only experience of Heathrow was using the short stays for a collection earlier this year so my question is, is there anything to stop me parking in the airport long stay then wandering round to the hotel (20 mins according to google), then walking back in the morning to get the shuttle to the terminal?
    I've done all the comparsions etc and none of the integrated options are cheaper than booking the two separate. Has anyone done this or know of any reason why I wouldnt be able to?
    Terminal 2 btw.
    Cheers
Page 1
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 16th May 19, 1:17 PM
    • 3,691 Posts
    • 5,029 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 16th May 19, 1:17 PM
    • 16th May 19, 1:17 PM
    Worth checking there is a feasible pedestrian route from the car park to the hotel. If there is, I can't see why there would be any other obstacle or restriction.
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 16th May 19, 1:20 PM
    • 2,655 Posts
    • 4,370 Thanks
    k3lvc
    • 16th May 19, 1:20 PM
    • 16th May 19, 1:20 PM
    Which hotel ? Not sure why you'd walk 20mins to hotel to get a shuttle rather than go straight from hotel (Hoppa or service bus depending on location) ?
    • Car 54
    • By Car 54 16th May 19, 2:12 PM
    • 4,030 Posts
    • 2,515 Thanks
    Car 54
    • 16th May 19, 2:12 PM
    • 16th May 19, 2:12 PM
    I normally use holidayextras.com and get a hotel + parking deal: I've never found it cheaper separately.

Most (all?) of the long-stay car parks have secure fences, so you'd have to go in by the car entrance, which generally means a long walk along a non-pedestrian-friendly road.

Why not park overnight at the hotel, and drive to the CP in the morning?
    • Robshelf
    • By Robshelf 16th May 19, 3:31 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Robshelf
    • 16th May 19, 3:31 PM
    • 16th May 19, 3:31 PM
    Which hotel ? Not sure why you'd walk 20mins to hotel to get a shuttle rather than go straight from hotel (Hoppa or service bus depending on location) ?
    Originally posted by k3lvc

Premier Inn. The Hoppa bus is 5 as far as I understand, the airport one is free. I walk for a living; 20 mins is nothing given I'm not gonna be in a rush and will only have a back pack.

I normally use holidayextras.com and get a hotel + parking deal: I've never found it cheaper separately.

Most (all?) of the long-stay car parks have secure fences, so you'd have to go in by the car entrance, which generally means a long walk along a non-pedestrian-friendly road.

Why not park overnight at the hotel, and drive to the CP in the morning?
    Originally posted by Car 54

Done holiday extras, and others. By the time you factor in breakfast and the cost of the HOPPA bus theres nothing in it.
    According to street view theres a footpath back from the long stay entrance all the way back round to the premier inn.
    Parking at the hotel was my 1st instinct but on checking the hotel has limited 1st come 1st served parking and I wont be getting there till 8/9pm. Plus theres a cost, I forget what it was but the uplift on the airport carpark for the extra 12 hours was less.
    • Car 54
    • By Car 54 16th May 19, 3:39 PM
    • 4,030 Posts
    • 2,515 Thanks
    Car 54
    • 16th May 19, 3:39 PM
    • 16th May 19, 3:39 PM
    Done holiday extras, and others. By the time you factor in breakfast and the cost of the HOPPA bus theres nothing in it.
    Originally posted by Robshelf
    But you'll probably want breakfast in any case. At the airport it's unlikely to cost less.
    • Robshelf
    • By Robshelf 16th May 19, 3:47 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Robshelf
    • 16th May 19, 3:47 PM
    • 16th May 19, 3:47 PM
    But you'll probably want breakfast in any case. At the airport it's unlikely to cost less.
    Originally posted by Car 54
    Thats my point, using the comparison its cheaper but the price doesnt include breakfast @ 10-15.

I can get the Premier Inn for 66 including breakfast + 50 for the parking with free bus. Cheapest on holiday extras is 90, breakfast is an additional 15 plus 10 for the bus and I'm not staying where I wanted.
    • Penelopa.Pitstop
    • By Penelopa.Pitstop 16th May 19, 4:02 PM
    • 461 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    Penelopa.Pitstop
    • 16th May 19, 4:02 PM
    • 16th May 19, 4:02 PM
    Which Premier Inn, on Bath Road? Can't you take free public transport to the terminal from there? No need to go back to car park.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

549Posts Today

4,629Users online

Martin's Twitter