Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andy-e
    • By andy-e 16th May 19, 11:15 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 2Thanks
    andy-e
    Britannia Parking mistakes on the ticket, plus a backdated ticket in the same pouch
    • 16th May 19, 11:15 AM
    Britannia Parking mistakes on the ticket, plus a backdated ticket in the same pouch 16th May 19 at 11:15 AM
    Okay, this is a weird one so hopefully there will be no qualms about the new thread.

Someone I know has been parking in a Waitrose not too far from where they work on a few days per week over the last 3 weeks or so. Yesterday, they returned to find a PCN on their windscreen. They looked around for a sign and there is *one* right next to the store entrance that says 2 hrs max stay, but they couldn't see any other signs in the car park.

Anyway, they opened the PCN and found 4 slips of paper. 3 have the same reference number all dated for yesterday, with one being a white slip explaining the charge, another is a yellow "vehicle copy" with the writing in pen the other is a green "payment slip", which is a carbon copy of the yellow slip. These slips all have a mistake for the registration number and state that they parked there earlier than they did. The 4th slip is a blue "Britannia Parking copy", which is dated for a week ago. This one has the correct registration number, but still states that they were parked earlier than they were. There's no "vehicle copy" or "payment slip" for this one. All of the slips have a "contravention code" section which explains why you received the charge, but none of them are filled in.

Should my friend appeal, or ignore? If Britannia have not recorded the correct registration number, on the day's ticket, does that mistake mean the ticket isn't for them? The white ticket says they "may" have taken a digital image, which presumably would have the correct registration number on it. The blue slip says it's Britannia's copy, and they haven't given my friend the "vehicle copy" or "payment slip" for it, plus it was given to them a week late.
    Last edited by andy-e; 16-05-2019 at 4:20 PM.
Page 1
    • Castle
    • By Castle 16th May 19, 11:44 AM
    • 2,273 Posts
    • 3,086 Thanks
    Castle
    • 16th May 19, 11:44 AM
    • 16th May 19, 11:44 AM
    Edit your post to remove the identity of the driver.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 19, 3:16 PM
    • 72,324 Posts
    • 84,631 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th May 19, 3:16 PM
    • 16th May 19, 3:16 PM
    Weird one.

I would wait to see if any NTK arrives in June or July, as:

(a) I don't think Britannia have got the POFA wording on their POFA paragraph 8 versions that should follow a windscreen PCN. They get the wording right on their postal ANPR-issued NTKs but I suspect not on their NTKs that follow a PCN.

(b) As you have guessed, they might not send one at all, given the VRN error.

Anyway, STOP parking there.

Waitrose haven't provided the car park for local workers to park all day.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • andy-e
    • By andy-e 16th May 19, 4:24 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    andy-e
    • 16th May 19, 4:24 PM
    • 16th May 19, 4:24 PM
    Anyway, STOP parking there.

Waitrose haven't provided the car park for local workers to park all day.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    They don't intend to continue parking there, but they drive an EV and it's the only place with available charging when the council-provided chargers are out of order or all in use.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 19, 4:49 PM
    • 72,324 Posts
    • 84,631 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th May 19, 4:49 PM
    • 16th May 19, 4:49 PM
    Hmmm...just musing now...how long does charging take, and would Britannia be able to prove whether part of the time on site was not a 'parking event' but charging?

Anyway sit it out as long as this vehicle is owned by them, and not a company car.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • andy-e
    • By andy-e 16th May 19, 5:00 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    andy-e
    • 16th May 19, 5:00 PM
    • 16th May 19, 5:00 PM
    It varies really. The chargers are slow, 3.3kWh. On the day of the fine, the total kWh charged was 19.8, which suggests 6 hours total charging time. Charging costs 8 per month, which makes it significantly cheaper than charging at home (although not if having to pay a fine!).
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 19, 5:41 PM
    • 72,324 Posts
    • 84,631 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th May 19, 5:41 PM
    • 16th May 19, 5:41 PM
    There is no fine and there is nothing to pay. Come back if they send a NTK.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,484Posts Today

6,012Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin