Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • audio613
    • By audio613 16th May 19, 10:29 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    audio613
    Paid but forgot to display ticket. Should I do a POPLA appeal
    • 16th May 19, 10:29 AM
    Paid but forgot to display ticket. Should I do a POPLA appeal 16th May 19 at 10:29 AM
    Hi,

I went on a trip recently to the seaside and bought a pay and display ticket but forgot to display it! I had a parking fine on my car when I got back and sent in an appeal before my ticket hasd even expried that same day, with photo evidence of my ticket.

My appeal has now been rejected because they said "It is the drivers responsibility to ensure they ticket is visible and on display at all times....Whilst we sympathise with the comments in your letter, Unfortunately, your appeal has been rejected."

Is it worth appealing? I feel they are just trying to make money here from a very innocent mistake, yes I should have displayed the ticket and forgot, however they have the proof that i had paid a ticket to park on the land.

Should I appeal to POPLA or am I wasting my time here?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Page 1
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 16th May 19, 10:42 AM
    • 2,976 Posts
    • 3,749 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 16th May 19, 10:42 AM
    • 16th May 19, 10:42 AM
    yes ........

read through the newbies thread for help/advice on POPLA appeals ...

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

with forum help you will have a good chance of winning

where was the car park ? who owns it ?

Ralph
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th May 19, 12:04 PM
    • 23,393 Posts
    • 37,263 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 16th May 19, 12:04 PM
    • 16th May 19, 12:04 PM
    Should I appeal to POPLA or am I wasting my time here?
    You might be totally wasting your time if the parking company is not a member of the BPA. Why don’t you tell us which one is pursuing you, then we can advise properly. We can’t do it blindfolded.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • audio613
    • By audio613 16th May 19, 6:52 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    audio613
    • 16th May 19, 6:52 PM
    • 16th May 19, 6:52 PM
    This is what it said in the email "The private land contained signs from All Parking Services UK LTD confirming the terms and conditions prevalent in relation to the aforementioned private land in terms of parking."....so i'm assuming the company name is All Parking Services UK LTD?

The bottom of the email has a logo of the BPA saying they are a member.

Does this information help inform me on what to do?
    I've been reading some POPLA appeals and I saw someone who didn't display their ticket clearly and it was missed by the inspector failed the appeal on the grounds that it was their responsibility to display the ticket clearly...so i'm kind of thinking i have no hope....

Can anyone advise or help whether it's worth appealing?
    • audio613
    • By audio613 16th May 19, 6:54 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    audio613
    • 16th May 19, 6:54 PM
    • 16th May 19, 6:54 PM
    The car was parked on private land and the company is All Parking Services UK LTD
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 19, 7:41 PM
    • 72,085 Posts
    • 84,433 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th May 19, 7:41 PM
    • 16th May 19, 7:41 PM
    Great, so just use the usual templates in the NEWBIES thread post #3 which already tells newbies all about POPLA, what to say and how to submit a long appeal.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,967Posts Today

4,520Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is a very useful and interesting, factual piece about what the PM's new Brexit proposals mean and how new they? https://t.co/qM1bCz6FZp

• After two cancellations, I'm on the 3rd train back from Manch. Just heard its being rerouted as someone's taken tak? https://t.co/sRO4cvoWIw

• RT @helen_undy: It's hard campaigning at the moment. Trying to cut through amid Brexit votes, protests & political resignations can feel fu?

• Follow Martin