Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BK123
    • By BK123 15th May 19, 11:31 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 25Thanks
    BK123
    Payslip
    • 15th May 19, 11:31 PM
    Payslip 15th May 19 at 11:31 PM
    Hi all, hope you're well. Sorry if this is not in the right place, feel free to move it mods.

So long story short, I was wondering if I would get a payslip. I'm a sessional worker, so am only paid for the hours I work, and didn't work in april, so I was wondering whether I still get a payslip (obviously it would say 0 for everything, but for reasons I won't go into yet, it would be rather convenient). Does anyone know the answer or have any experience of this? FYI, my employer is the ministry of justice, so a pretty big HR department I'd imagine. I'm not in work during the week (when I can get hold of HR) for a couple of weeks now, so I was hoping one of you lovely people had the answer.
Page 1
    • _shel
    • By _shel 16th May 19, 4:12 AM
    • 1,937 Posts
    • 3,604 Thanks
    _shel
    • 16th May 19, 4:12 AM
    • 16th May 19, 4:12 AM
    No if you didnt work you won't receive a payslip
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 16th May 19, 8:11 PM
    • 39,815 Posts
    • 37,051 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 16th May 19, 8:11 PM
    • 16th May 19, 8:11 PM
    You should definitely receive a P60 for the year's total earnings, but that may not be until the end of May.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: 1 adult cardigan, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 2 hats, 2 balaclavas for seamen, 1 balaclava for myself, multiple poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: ready to decrease / decreasing on all parts of the mohair cardigan pattern! but moved onto wrist warmers for friends at Christmas ...
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 17th May 19, 7:43 AM
    • 22,649 Posts
    • 18,636 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 17th May 19, 7:43 AM
    • 17th May 19, 7:43 AM
    You should definitely receive a P60 for the year's total earnings, but that may not be until the end of May.
    Originally posted by Savvy_Sue

Although of course that is very unlikely to cover April 2019 anyway, it'll be next year's P60 that does that, assuming the OP does do more work for the employer before next April.
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 17th May 19, 12:19 PM
    • 39,815 Posts
    • 37,051 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 17th May 19, 12:19 PM
    • 17th May 19, 12:19 PM
    True. I should wake up before I post.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: 1 adult cardigan, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 2 hats, 2 balaclavas for seamen, 1 balaclava for myself, multiple poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: ready to decrease / decreasing on all parts of the mohair cardigan pattern! but moved onto wrist warmers for friends at Christmas ...
    • chrisbur
    • By chrisbur 17th May 19, 1:35 PM
    • 3,180 Posts
    • 1,736 Thanks
    chrisbur
    • 17th May 19, 1:35 PM
    • 17th May 19, 1:35 PM
    All payroll programs that I have worked with would have generated a payslip with zero figures. Whether or not it is made available to the employee either as a paper slip or on some website they can access is another question. I would suggest talking to payroll, they may be able to supply a payslip or provide something confirming the details of the payslip.
    • BK123
    • By BK123 17th May 19, 5:54 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    BK123
    • 17th May 19, 5:54 PM
    • 17th May 19, 5:54 PM
    Hi all. Just FYI really. Managed to speak to HR, they said no pay slip is produced if no claims are made. They will however give me a letter stating there was no payslip for this month. Should work.
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 17th May 19, 7:05 PM
    • 19,550 Posts
    • 20,335 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 17th May 19, 7:05 PM
    • 17th May 19, 7:05 PM
    Thanks for coming back and updating us! Nice to have a good outcome to the issue.
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,574Posts Today

5,660Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin