Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • muniro
    • By muniro 15th May 19, 6:41 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 4Thanks
    muniro
    Brighton station parking
    • 15th May 19, 6:41 PM
    Brighton station parking 15th May 19 at 6:41 PM
    Hi all
    I use Brighton station car park three times a week. Anyhoo, I have always paid up using my Monzo card so that it logs my payment in real time. I have received a fine for 11/4/2019 for 60 even though I always pay and paid that day. I have appealed that and sent them Bank statement showing clearly payment with date and time to ipsgroup.com and yet the appeal letter received says this doesn't prove payment for parking? Hilarious!
    And now the fine is gone up magically to 100!
    Anyway, they say that they couldn't find any record of ticket issues to the number plate of my car? It may be because their "ticket" machine allows me to type in 4 characters fro my number plate and it finds my details and then shows me how much to pay, but that's just guessing from me.
    Anyhoo, they can't find me in their system. Aww bless!

How the hell are they taking pics of my car coming in and outof the car park, thus using personal info and then can't find the info again? Breach of GDPR much?

Anyhoo, they sent me subsequently 6 more fines all at 100 for the subsequent days.
    I have proof of each day's payment and though I don't have ticket for the first "offence", I have for the 6 subsequent ones.

They have no legs to stand if this went to court as I can prove I did pay in every case. They just can't locate my reg but that's their matter?
    Any suggestions of templates/letters to send this people or any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th May 19, 6:47 PM
    • 71,911 Posts
    • 84,326 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th May 19, 6:47 PM
    • 15th May 19, 6:47 PM
    Are you sure the ipsgroup.com app hasn't got something wrong stored in the data:

- wrong location code?

- wrong VRN?

You need to sort that out if so.

Check carefully, there must be a discrepancy and if you don't remove it this will keep happening.

I'm from the Brighton area myself and would attend court with you in support, if it happened...

...but it won't go to any court, because this is INDIGO (aka SABA) issuing 'penalty charge notices', yes? If I am right, then all you needed to do was search this forum for the words INDIGO PENALTY IGNORE 6 months

Read all the other threads, unless I am wrong and this isn't Indigo. No more needs to be said, you will get a shedload of letters until it times out by the Winter, though! All is explained on a hundred other exact same threads.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • muniro
    • By muniro 16th May 19, 9:18 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    muniro
    • 16th May 19, 9:18 PM
    • 16th May 19, 9:18 PM
    I don't use the Ipsgroup app as it behaves erratically on my phone. Instead I paid at the machines. I used my Monzo card which shows for each day I had the fine, date and time and payment to Ipsgroup.com

Hope this clarifies the muddy water. I think it is SABA yes. Appreciate your offer for assistance if this went to court. I paid all my tickets so I don't see why I have to be treated like a criminal by them. Cannot stress enough, I have paid for the parking, and I have proof that payments were made for the amount and time of the parking.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 16th May 19, 9:21 PM
    • 6,537 Posts
    • 8,662 Thanks
    waamo
    • 16th May 19, 9:21 PM
    • 16th May 19, 9:21 PM
    Does the ticket say Penalty charge? The wording is extremely important.
    This space for hire.
    • muniro
    • By muniro 16th May 19, 9:31 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    muniro
    • 16th May 19, 9:31 PM
    • 16th May 19, 9:31 PM
    Does the ticket say Penalty charge? The wording is extremely important.
    Originally posted by waamo

Well, I have 7 of them now

I have paid for each one of them too!

The letter says Penalty Notice By Post, Notice to owner.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 16th May 19, 9:35 PM
    • 6,537 Posts
    • 8,662 Thanks
    waamo
    • 16th May 19, 9:35 PM
    • 16th May 19, 9:35 PM
    Have you paid every ticket? You shouldn't have. You've been mugged If you've paid the penalty.
    This space for hire.
    • muniro
    • By muniro 16th May 19, 9:52 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    muniro
    • 16th May 19, 9:52 PM
    • 16th May 19, 9:52 PM
    No, I appealed on the first one and sent them proof of payment but don't have ticket and they replied they couldn't trace my details for that day and upped the fine from 60 to 100 and deemed the appeal as being turned down.
    For the record, I have the tickets for the others.

To this day, I haven't paid any fines because I don't feel like I committed any offence for which I need to pay?
    • muniro
    • By muniro 16th May 19, 10:17 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    muniro
    • 16th May 19, 10:17 PM
    • 16th May 19, 10:17 PM
    So, is the game now to wait until six months passes by and then tickets would have no value to them? And in the meantime, just ignore the aggressive and threatening letters they will be issuing me?

I can't believe that since I think my fines are worth a it to them, are you sure they won't chase me in the hope that I'll give in or the law could be hoodwinked somehow?

Anyone with the experience with this bunch, specially without paying please?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 16th May 19, 10:21 PM
    • 6,537 Posts
    • 8,662 Thanks
    waamo
    • 16th May 19, 10:21 PM
    • 16th May 19, 10:21 PM
    There are several posters on here that have ignored them without issue. Do not engage with them in any way whatsoever.

Please note this applies to your case only and should not be taken as advice for any other ticket.
    This space for hire.
    • muniro
    • By muniro 16th May 19, 10:27 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    muniro
    Waamo, noticed that you have few ppl thanking you... Well, thanks from me too!

Tbh, don't fee like I coud be bothered to engage with them at all. Let it go to court. I'll show the court my payments and tickets for the other ones.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 16th May 19, 10:43 PM
    • 6,537 Posts
    • 8,662 Thanks
    waamo
    Waamo, noticed that you have few ppl thanking you... Well, thanks from me too!

Tbh, don't fee like I coud be bothered to engage with them at all. Let it go to court. I'll show the court my payments and tickets for the other ones.
    Originally posted by muniro
    Indigo (Saba) aren't actually authorised to prosecute. This is a genuine penalty and the court would be a magistrates court. If you were found guilty the fine would go to HM Treasury not Saba.

Interestingly the "appeals" company they have chosen to use do have the power to prosecute. Why would you want to give them your name and address?
    This space for hire.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th May 19, 11:05 PM
    • 22,461 Posts
    • 28,473 Thanks
    Redx
    any so called "fine" or "penalty" was always 100 , but discounted by 40% if paid by a certain date (the early discount bribe)

it didnt magically increase to 100 , it was always 100

this is a complicated issue due to bylaws with the 6 month rule , magistrates courts not civil courts and the TOC that could take these to a MAGS court

you need to gen up on the whole topic, and there are dozens or hundreds of threads about the INDIGO (now SABA) sc@m on here over the last few years , it may be new to you but its mainly old hat to the rest of us

there is even special mention of it in the NEWBIES thread, plus use the search words CM gave you

she is correct that you need to trace what is causing the issue and correct it , otherwise this will carry on ad nauseum

if these are actual penalty notices, they will time out after 6 months , as mentioned earlier

the full VRM details should be put into the ticket machine , not just 4 characters
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 19, 12:23 AM
    • 71,911 Posts
    • 84,326 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    So, is the game now to wait until six months passes by and then tickets would have no value to them? And in the meantime, just ignore the aggressive and threatening letters they will be issuing me?

I can't believe that since I think my fines are worth a it to them, are you sure they won't chase me in the hope that I'll give in or the law could be hoodwinked somehow?

Anyone with the experience with this bunch, specially without paying please?
    Originally posted by muniro
    LOL, a hundred or more on here. Nothing happens, nothing can, not with fake 'penalties' (NB TO NEWBIES - THIS IS DIFFERENT THAN A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE).

That's what the forum search is for, and it works well if you just search the forum for a few keywords, in your case:

INDIGO PENALTY IGNORE 6 months

I did already tell you this yesterday, the idea being you'd find all the search results and know this is safe to do.

Change the ADVANCED SEARCH to 'show posts' (never 'threads').

Anyway I am more concerned that you are still getting these penalties like confetti.

Are you failing to put your VRN into the machine? You aren't just paying by card without also typing in the full VRN are you, or do you have a custom numberplate maybe, that makes the machine glitch? Or you typed in only the numbers, or only the letters from your numberplate? Or the keypad has a glitch?

These car parks with ANPR working alongside a machine, need the VRN put in every time to tally the ANPR image - sorry if that's obvious. I am trying to get to the bottom of this error.

Is the machine printing a ticket that has your FULL VRN on it, every time?

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 17-05-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 17th May 19, 8:12 AM
    • 12,999 Posts
    • 13,329 Thanks
    The Deep
    Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,896Posts Today

6,496Users online

Martin's Twitter