Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cheapopete
    • By cheapopete 12th May 19, 11:02 PM
    • 44Posts
    • 18Thanks
    cheapopete
    Cancelling Talk Talk brodband. What do I need to send back?
    • 12th May 19, 11:02 PM
    Cancelling Talk Talk brodband. What do I need to send back? 12th May 19 at 11:02 PM
    Help.

I can't rem what was supposed to have been in their "kit" as I pretty much never used their BB connection as it was painfully slow. I maintained my VM account at the same time. Six months later I never saw any decent speed from TT any time I tested it online. One sixteenth of VM's speed for half the cost???????
    I have the router here, but the other bits, power lead? ethernet cable? I don't recall what they even looked like.
    Thanx for any hepl you guys.

Hepl?
    NEITHER THE BANKS NOR MICROSOFT ARE ON YOUR SIDE!!
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 13th May 19, 7:05 AM
    • 2,096 Posts
    • 1,467 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 13th May 19, 7:05 AM
    • 13th May 19, 7:05 AM
    You're probably going to be in contract with TalkTalk for the broadband, so expect to pay early termination fees if you do cancel.

If its seriously that slow you should really have complained, rather than just put up with it, because you are in a situation now where you are effectively paying for two packages that you shouldn't really need to be paying for.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 13th May 19, 11:06 AM
    • 12,369 Posts
    • 5,576 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 13th May 19, 11:06 AM
    • 13th May 19, 11:06 AM
    Return usually router and its power plug.
    • TalkTalk
      Verified User verified user
    • By TalkTalk Verified User verified user 14th May 19, 7:47 AM
    • 1,911 Posts
    • 320 Thanks
    TalkTalk
    • 14th May 19, 7:47 AM
    • 14th May 19, 7:47 AM
    Hi cheapopete,

It's a real shame to hear that you're deciding to leave us. If you're having connection issues, the technical support team can certainly help run through some diagnostics and troubleshooting with you.

If you're adamant that you wish to leave, however, then I'd advise (if you haven't done so already) to call the team to make your cancellation request. This is a period of 30 days from the date of request. They'll also confirm if they would like the equipment returned, and if so they will dispatch returns packaging for you. With it, it'll include everything you need, including a list of what it is exactly that we would like to have returned to us.

Thanks,
    Zach - TalkTalk Social Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • cheapopete
    • By cheapopete 17th May 19, 7:01 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    cheapopete
    • 17th May 19, 7:01 PM
    • 17th May 19, 7:01 PM
    I'm returning the TT router ASAP and am already disconnected.

Yes, and it's a shame that TT are unable to supply broadband speeds that match a tortoise towing a caravan up a steep hill. And no, I didn't want the "Team" to help me make my connection faster. I decided to maintain my Virgin Media connection at the same time and found that VM always managed to supply the "Average" BB speed that they said they would, while TT FAILED to supply anything better than 1/16th of VM's speed for about 1/2 the price.

TT = 4.5mbps at best when VM = 75mbps all the time on the same cable? I'd rather pay VM's 42 than TT's 22 thanks all the same.

So if TT can ACTUALLY supply the quoted "up to" 17mbps, do you think customers should stay with you even when you're cheating them?

Not your fault Zach, but there it is. Bye.
    • cheapopete
    • By cheapopete 17th May 19, 7:10 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    cheapopete
    • 17th May 19, 7:10 PM
    Bye bye TalkTalk
    • 17th May 19, 7:10 PM
    You're probably going to be in contract with TalkTalk for the broadband, so expect to pay early termination fees if you do cancel.

If its seriously that slow you should really have complained, rather than just put up with it, because you are in a situation now where you are effectively paying for two packages that you shouldn't really need to be paying for.
    Originally posted by Neil Jones

I hear you Neil, but it was deliberate on my part as I wanted to compare them before I cancelled one or the other.
    TT got the :thumbs down: !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,484Posts Today

6,012Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin