Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 12th May 19, 7:16 PM
    • 21,077Posts
    • 238,663Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 13th May 2019
    • 12th May 19, 7:16 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 13th May 2019 12th May 19 at 7:16 PM
    Welcome to the Weekly Flylady Thread

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread.

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    WUDUPA ~ Washed up, dried up, put away
    WUALTD ~ Washed up and left to dry
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ Nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ Person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ Miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Some of our abbreviations: DH- dear husband, OH- other half, KH/CF- affectionate term for ex husband or partner DS/DD- dear son/daughter, DGC- dear grandchild, WM- washing machine, DW- dishwasher, LR/DR- living/dining room, RoD- room of doom, Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al- supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

OK - here goes this week...

Manic Monday - Kitchen Kapers/Dining Room

Level 1

Clear sides and wipe down
    Replace what lives there, wiping as you go
    Empty bin and clean it out too
    Wipe sill, sockets, door handles and switches
    Clear and clean sink and accessories - don't forget those out-of-sight places - under plugs and under draining racks
    Clean/polish table - wipe mats/change cloth
    Check fruit and wash bowl
    Throw away your manky dish cloth and replace with a new one!

Level 2

Wipe down all cupboard and drawer fronts, not forgetting handles and tops and bottom as well as fronts!
    Clean hob - thoroughly. Wash all detachable parts too.
    Sort fridge and wipe seals; weave stuff that needs using up into your meal plan
    Dust dining area/room

Level 3

Clean oven - don't forget lamp covers - remove them and wash them if you can
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor
    Wipe out or wash out whiffy bins
    Clean windows - and wipe the frames inside and out as far as you can

Extras
    HHI
    Mad Half Hour
    Binbag dance

Triffic Tuesday - living room loveliness

Level 1

Open the window
    empty bins
    discard (recycle) out of date newspapers and magazines
    Vacuum or wipe sofas etc and plump cushions - don't forget to clean under seat pads!
    Tidy/dust/wipe coffee table

Level 2

Clean the window
    Dust the fireplace/mantel
    Dust any ornaments in/around/on fire
    Remake fire
    Wipe sockets/switches and handles
    Clean remotes

Level 3

Dust everything else
    Sweep/mop floor, moving any furniture you're able to
    Wash any throws

Extras

S&S bathroom
    S&S kitchen (but it will be the list tomorrow so don't worry)
    HHI
    MAD half hour

Hump Day - Wipy Wednesday
    (Bathrooms and en suites)

Level 1

Remove shower curtains and towels - wash that shower curtain - get it on the line!
    Wipe down shower screens and cubicles
    Scrub bath
    Give shower heads a bath in lemon juice
    Polish all brightwork (chrome bits - taps & hoses)
    Clean shower tray
    Slosh a good glug of bleach down drains/overflows

Level 2

Flush loo and spray bowl with cream cleaner and SCRUB - under the rim, below the waterline and all over the bowl.
    Flush loo again
    Wipe seat, lid and outside of loo - including where you can't see...
    Slop some bleach all over the inside of the loo
    With a clean cloth wipe switches, pull cord, door handles and loo roll holder
    Wash loo brush and holder and dry them outside in the sun - death to all germies!

Level 3

Scrub the sink = don't forget the underneath the plug!
    Bleach the drain
    Wipe the pedestal/cupboard over
    Polish and mirrors, glass and your heated towel rail
    Clean the floor - vacuum or mop
    Put out fresh towels

Extras

HHI
    S&S kitchen
    Cook a 'double' meal and freeze the spare ready for when you need/deserve a lazy evening
    Book out some me time...or some couple time...or both
    Go through your odd socks - if any of them have been there a l-o-n-g time bite the bullet and bin them!
    MAD half hour

Thursday Thrills - the boudoir. You deserve a clean, tidy, restful bedroom - and you NEED it too, to re-energise

Level 1

Open windows w-i-d-e
    Strip bed
    Allow to air
    Turn mattress if (a)necessary (b)you have assistance or (c) muscles
    Remake bed

level 2
    Clear floordrobe and chairdrobe
    Clean windows
    Vacuum, sweep or mop floor

Level 3
    Dust all sides and shelves
    With a just damp cloth wipe all your lotion and potion bottles, hairdryers (especially if you use product while blow drying) etc. and put all perfumes away in a drawer. Take it from a former lab. tech.
    Polish mirrors

Extras
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    HHI
    MAD half hour - hit that TOOTS

Friday Flourish - Hall, stairs, landing, lobby, porch...whatever gunky passageway needs some TLC

Level 1

Clean windows - this includes wiping frames and sills
    Bang mats outside
    Take a feather dusty to all those nooks and crannies and tickle out those eight legged fiends
    Put as much as you can away out of sight - if necessary fling old coats
    Polish any wooden balustrades or bannisters
    Wipe sticky door plates and handles
    Dust everywhere
    Clean light shades
    Check outside lights are working
    Dust skirtings
    Vacuum, sweep or mop floors as appropriate
    Wash down doors - inside and out
    Polish door furniture
    Clean icky cat flaps

Extras

Bin bag dance...you know you want to
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    HHI
    Spend that me time on you!
    Last edited by Valli; 16-05-2019 at 8:22 PM.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    Janice 1964-2016

Thank you Honey Bear
Page 4
    • nicki
    • By nicki 16th May 19, 7:40 AM
    • 7,248 Posts
    • 87,971 Thanks
    nicki
    Morning all

Well all that paperwork sorting on Tuesday was a bust. I still can't find the paper DS wants. My only thought is that it might not have arrived in the first place, or it's gotten mixed up in one of the "Scan then shred" folders or it's in with my business paperwork which is stored elsewhere. I swear I've already been through this once with DS since it supposedly arrived but he's denying it. I shall be introducing him to the joys of a filing system for his paperwork once exams are over. I've shoved all his papers into one document wallet and he can deal with them

However, the two of us have that many medical related letters etc arriving with one thing and another that I've set up a ring binder each to tame it all. I also managed to about halve all the other paperwork by getting rid of booklets ("Time for you tax credit renewal and here is how to do it" in a forest sized booklet etc) and pointless fliers. Why I kept so much I don't know but I'm pretty sure I don't need booklets about being on Income Support 7 years after I came off it

Yesterday I lost the day to finishing off the last of the paperwork homing, then sorting through my desk as DS has 'kindly' donated a load of stationary they don't need, plus some adult colouring books. I see some new cover pages for the months in my 2020 bujo I then got stuck into work. So apart from dailies not much has gotten done in the house the past few days and today is going to be the same.

Today's plan is to do dailies, have a shower and then head into town. DS has unfortunately put weight on due to meds and needs almost a new wardrobe of clothing He's going to meet me later when he has free lessons to go shopping as 1 pair of jeans which fit is not enough trousers. Fortunately he basically shops in Pr1mark so hopefully it can be a one shop job. On the other hand I have some errands I need to run so I'm going to try and get those done before he meets me. Normally I'd walk, but I'm going to get a bus pass instead so I don't have to rush quite so much, or walk up a big hill to one of the shops

Tomorrow is DS's last proper day in school ever (so he keeps reminding me) so I plan on having a me day so I can charge my batteries before exams starting on Monday and DS is home until September! Stress makes him a horrible 'housemate' so I foresee lots of days over the next month where I'm just going to get up and go out, maybe even with the dog on some occassions if I'm having a good day.

Going to shift my backside now and do a quick website based shop for the stuff I need to get (so I don't get all confused in the shop) while I wait for the WM to finish. Catch you all later
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 16th May 19, 8:56 AM
    • 2,680 Posts
    • 38,823 Thanks
    ionafan
    Hooray, the staff meeting for this afternoon has been cancelled

Might go out to the forest instead, for a walk with Rosie and cuppa with DH

- Veg watered before the sun gets on them
    - Roofer has finished, small amount of money transferred to test the system and check I've got his details correct - I will transfer the rest when he tells me he's received the £10.
    - Phonecall to bank not needed, online transaction completed instead
    - Rhubarb (gift from a friend) chopped up and cooked, ready to make rhubarb and saffron cake.

Off to put in another load of washing and hang out the wet stuff, then to start baking
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 16th May 19, 11:52 AM
    • 5,662 Posts
    • 55,622 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    More (((hugs))) for Dancemum and Mrs MP.

Stray cat is at Woodside with a donation and I've agreed to sponsor a feral pen for a year. They've been absolutely brilliant.

I'm now cleaning out what OH grandly calls his 'wine cellar' where it's been hiding for at least a week In reality it's a cupboard under the stairs. I've moved everything out except the wine, the winerack and the pallet it's balanced on. It's going to take quite a while and I only have about another hour, hour and a half at most before the lodgers get back.

I'm already shattered having been on the go from 6.30 am, flat out. Only stopped to scoff cheesy scrambled eggs on toast because I've been getting by on snacks for three days and I'm feeling a bit light-headed. I even missed The Archers last night and forgot to catch up. That's over-tired for me.

I need to Re-Slinky as a matter of urgency.
    Keeping it AF
    • tighteningthebelt
    • By tighteningthebelt 16th May 19, 12:09 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 2,474 Thanks
    tighteningthebelt
    Morning all

Well all that paperwork sorting on Tuesday was a bust. I still can't find the paper DS wants.
    Originally posted by nicki
    Once i found my car log book stapled to the back of a water bill 2 years after i had sent, and paid, for a replacement!!!
    "Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more" Louis L'Amour
    GC (annual budget) £1195.87 left of £1800
    • tighteningthebelt
    • By tighteningthebelt 16th May 19, 12:12 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 2,474 Thanks
    tighteningthebelt
    What's slinky???
    "Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more" Louis L'Amour
    GC (annual budget) £1195.87 left of £1800
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 16th May 19, 1:46 PM
    • 5,662 Posts
    • 55,622 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Once i found my car log book stapled to the back of a water bill 2 years after i had sent, and paid, for a replacement!!!
    Originally posted by tighteningthebelt

What's slinky???
    Originally posted by tighteningthebelt
    Those of us who'd like to be slimmer would like to have Slinky figures.

Wine cellar brushed, dusted and the floor scrubbed and bleached. Paintwork all washed. There are now two dehumidifiers blasting, one outside for the bit of carpet that needed to be washed (dried puddle *retch* and *yak*) and inside because that's been bleached and bleach is highly poisonous for cats.

I shut the stray cat in last night and it had very, very limited space to manoeuvre. While it had the choice of the trap yesterday it didn't get the opportunity to move around the house, so effectively it was stuck for a full 24 hours. Amazingly, and I don't believe this was a co-incidence or accident, it chose to cr*p in its waterbowl. I rather admire that. Anyway, it's all sweet-smelling now, which is a vast improvement. When it's dried out I'll put all the wine and gibble back in, but that probably won't be until tomorrow.

Another load of dog and cat towels washed and out on the line, a duvet and pillows airing for the lodger who needs a full set of extra bedding, quite a lot of the house has been vacuumed, the dishwasher's been run, the rest of the washing up's been cleared and I'm now going to have a break. I need to find some chocolate first. And a cup of tea. Bliss.
    Keeping it AF
    • BadCat18
    • By BadCat18 16th May 19, 1:58 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 176 Thanks
    BadCat18
    Wow Honey Bear I am shattered just reading all of that!

WM x2 done and drying
    Clothes from last few days that don’t need ironing put away. (Ironing left for DH to do!)
    Bathroom level 1-3 done
    En-suite level 1-3 done
    Bedroom tidied. Bed will be done on Saturday as this is normal routine.
    Cat litter trays emptied and washed
    Full day of paid stuff (almost) over!

Going for haircut this evening so not sure how much else I will accomplish but I feel like I now haven’t completely disgraced myself in my first week of flying!

Enjoy the rest of your day.
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 16th May 19, 7:33 PM
    • 1,031 Posts
    • 11,977 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Everyone has been so busy!
    Iím all behind as usual. Work dragged on longer than it should have done, so the planned fluttering for this afternoon didnít happen. Ditto this morning as time ran out. I dashed to the big town to Mr M to replenish essentials, made a veggie moussaka, did a wm x1 which has also dried outside, cleared up the kitchen and the dw is now running.
    Another battle hardened slinky here. Weigh in is at the weekend and Iím keeping fingers crossed for just a 1lb weight loss to justify the amount of lettuce and cucumber that I have had for lunch over the past few weeks.
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 16th May 19, 8:41 PM
    • 5,186 Posts
    • 58,967 Thanks
    Jazee
    Hardly any flying here. Two work shifts, lots of paperwork and first council meeting tonight. Vicar of Dibley anyone?
    Spend less now, work less later.
    Savings thread #78 May £22.85 Total 2019 - £1367.04/£5k
    Keep Moving Challenge - walked 264 miles
    • dancemum
    • By dancemum 16th May 19, 9:42 PM
    • 2,181 Posts
    • 31,493 Thanks
    dancemum
    Another day of phone calls. Business bereavement teams vary such a lot.

DPops mobility car mot done today. A garage officer worker rang asked for DPops whilst we we with the Funeral director and she wouldn’t take no for an answer so car was picked up and returned. I rang mutability to check it wasn’t a scam. They said we shouldn’t have been contacted as car is going back before the end of the month.
    Next I told tv & phone company and we have to pay £20 extra a month as dancegran can’t have her phone go dead for a day as she has a lifel ine. At least price is £40 less than they were paying.
    I did manage 2xwm and dried outside.
    No news from coroner yet.

Ground floor dysoned and bathroom cleaned
    • BadCat18
    • By BadCat18 17th May 19, 5:30 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 176 Thanks
    BadCat18
    Morning all

So glad it’s Friday! Weather not so good today so not doing any washing. House looks reasonably tidy after my efforts this week, all being well should manage an early finish from paid stuff so am then going to vac through and tackle some of that Friday list!

Need to go out at some stage to post office as I have stuff to send that has sat on my desk since last week!

Tea and breakfast first and then time to hit the ground running!

Have a good day all.
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 17th May 19, 6:29 AM
    • 1,031 Posts
    • 11,977 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Good morning

More ((hugs)) dancemum. We also found that bereavement teams varied immensely. The most helpful in making everything easiest were often the most surprising establishments.

Paid stuff today and a couple of tricky conversations to be had. I need to put my logical-reasonable-but-enough-is-enough hat on. So far (and letís be honest, this might be it) I have QHI, done the plant and greenhouse shuffle, loaded the wm for later, emptied dw and sorted the clean washing.
    Jazee - I have images now in my head!
    Have a good day everyone.
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 17th May 19, 7:48 AM
    • 10,558 Posts
    • 128,154 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Morning

and breath
    why is life so difficult at times, say no more

Dentist today
    Flying later
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky is back on! - 23 and counting
    I can do this, I will do this...
    • Goodintentions
    • By Goodintentions 17th May 19, 8:36 AM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 17,429 Thanks
    Goodintentions
    Good morning

It's Friday! I don't have work until 1:30 so I need to pull my finger out and have a catch up this morning!! It started with a lie in & a snuggle with my ancient cat
    I have had breakfast & a cuppa, and fired up the laptop.....I shall make an abbreviated list here to hold myself accountable:
    • Friday money juggle
    • clear dining table
    • Vac up LR
    • Clean downstairs toilet & sink
    • Clean upstairs toilet & sink
    • Sort out craft stuff in back room
    • Plug in temporary fridge & freezer & put food in them
    • Sort out D£b£nh@m$ parcel to return
    • Clear coffee table of tut
    • Filing
    • Update bubba's progress
    • Weekly invoices
    • potting on seedlings

Well - that'll do for starters!! I have been inspired to try and sort out my paperwork by Nicki! But there is always so much other stuff to do! I spend my day trying to prioritise, and then procrastinating There are also some time sensitive things that need doing - like sorting the fridge/freezer, and potting on seedlings before they die! We have no food in the house (well, nothing appetising anyway!) but no point doing a big shop until Monday!

((Hugs)) to Dancemum
    Jazee I hope the meeting went well!
    Last edited by Goodintentions; 17-05-2019 at 8:01 PM.
    • Goodintentions
    • By Goodintentions 17th May 19, 11:30 AM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 17,429 Thanks
    Goodintentions
    Just stopping for a lunch break
    I have crossed a few things off my list, and few extras such as a bit of dusting & polishing (Yay! Go me!!)
    While sorting out the huge pile of paper carp on the coffee table (the table that I tend to sit next to, so mainly mine!!) I emptied a gift bag which had been holding some bits and pieces since Christmas!! (oh! the shame!!) including a voucher for a panic room experience for the family from my brother that I need to book up, £50 JL voucher and a comedy night/meal experience voucher that I had completely forgotten about!! I love the idea of experiences for gifts rather than 'stuff' that I don't need, but I forget to book them!! I have added them to my to do list so that they are in the front of my mind.

I need to walk the dog - so i may combine that with the school run. And I may enlist the 9YOs help sorting the craft boxes. DH is picking up a small freezer from my Mum on his way home from work, so can't do that yet. Working to 6-6:30ish tonight, so the rest ,may have to wait....
    • BadCat18
    • By BadCat18 17th May 19, 7:09 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 176 Thanks
    BadCat18
    What a day again! Work hectic, managed some fluttering but that’s all, have quite a bit to get through this weekend but not quite as much as normal so I have gained some time back. Have done shopping list and menu plan for next week, will head out to the shop first thing tomorrow and then think about what I should tackle around the house.

I have at least covered the basics so better than nothing...

Enjoy your evening all.
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 17th May 19, 7:10 PM
    • 10,558 Posts
    • 128,154 Thanks
    kazwookie
    LHR run done
    Toast eaten
    Kitchen cleaned again
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky is back on! - 23 and counting
    I can do this, I will do this...
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 18th May 19, 8:22 AM
    • 1,031 Posts
    • 11,977 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Good morning.
    Itís going to be catch up day today after a disastrous flying week last week. The grey weather isnít going to help any though.
    Wm x1 has run and is hanging indoors. HHI seen off. Iím now debating my next course of action. I need to finish painting the last 2 walls in the bedroom so that I can tick that off but I think that is an afternoon job. Coffee and plan of action I think.
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 18th May 19, 9:16 AM
    • 5,186 Posts
    • 58,967 Thanks
    Jazee
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok.

So far this morning I've had breakfast, fed the dogs, washed up,showered and dressed and got some paperwork out of the way. Also sorted out medicine cabinet.

Just having a cuppa then I plan a long dog walk.

Oh and I cut my fringe, but don't worry, the hair dresser will fix it in the week.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
    Savings thread #78 May £22.85 Total 2019 - £1367.04/£5k
    Keep Moving Challenge - walked 264 miles
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 18th May 19, 9:30 AM
    • 837 Posts
    • 11,347 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Good morning.
    Itís going to be catch up day today after a disastrous flying week last week. The grey weather isnít going to help any though.
    Wm x1 has run Ö... Coffee and plan of action I think.
    Originally posted by Fayolle
    Good morning

I can plagiarise - amending to WM x 1 is running and Tea and plan of action I think. Flytwins

I didn't wake up until 20 to 9 Not like me at all - but I must have needed it! Woke up with the blinkers removed and at the state of the house, and myself. Anyone else do that - live in a state of blissful oblivion until it suddenly hits you in the face at 100 mph?

Slightly overwhelming (tempted to dive back under the duvet and jibber) but I took a deep breath and: made my bed; got washed and dressed; sorted Mount Washmore into loads and set first load swishing; fed the birds; put out the rubbish and recycling; rinsed and recycled 10 cans; got weighed - I knew it would have gone up and I am back on the slinky wagon as of....now. (None of that I'll start on Monday business )

Something positive to tell: I call at Dad's after work on a Friday and we watch the country music channel. First 15 minutes after I arrive is a Memory Lane show - and last night they were all hits from the late 50s. And I started singing along - and encouraged Dad to join me.... which he did Then he said 'I can sing again Don' with a smile - I realised then that he hasn't sung since Mum died. And breathe.... PS Not bad considering I wasn't born until 1960 - somehow I still know all the words to Rock & Roll Waltz

WM has stopped swishing. Better get on. Where to start? Oh yeah - I was preparing a plan of action Ö.

Hope you are doing better than I am Fayolle

Hugs to all
    Rxx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

532Posts Today

4,571Users online

Martin's Twitter