Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ATK86
    • By ATK86 2nd May 19, 5:28 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 4Thanks
    ATK86
    County court claim if no response in 30 days
    • 2nd May 19, 5:28 PM
    County court claim if no response in 30 days 2nd May 19 at 5:28 PM
    Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with advice regarding non-payment of parking tickets allegations dated back to 2015. Total Parking Solutions have instructed BW Legal to claim an alleged outstanding balance £460:00 on their behalf.

They state that a vehicle failed to display a valid pay and display ticket or the ticket had expired on 3 separate occasions. With one allegation of a vehicle not displaying a valid permit. All these alleged offences took place at a college car park where I was a student at the time.

The letter states that court proceedings are about to commence if no response is given before 3/6/19. The letters do look official, they have attached income and expenditure forms, which after reading other topics I know not to fill in.

Can anyone help me with the correct course of action to take now? Should I respond to Total Parking Solutions or BW Legal?

Is it worth making a complaint directly with my old college at this stage or too late?

Thank you in advance for any help given.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 2nd May 19, 5:32 PM
    • 22,461 Posts
    • 28,473 Thanks
    Redx
    • 2nd May 19, 5:32 PM
    • 2nd May 19, 5:32 PM
    see post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread (this comes up daily on here, so the path is well worn already)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd May 19, 5:33 PM
    • 71,913 Posts
    • 84,326 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 2nd May 19, 5:33 PM
    • 2nd May 19, 5:33 PM
    Welcome to the forum. We will help of course but you need to read the stickies first.

What do you need to know that's not in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread about this stage?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Beth96jade
    • By Beth96jade 3rd May 19, 5:00 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Beth96jade
    • 3rd May 19, 5:00 AM
    Help!
    • 3rd May 19, 5:00 AM
    Hi,

Think weíre in the same boat! I received a letter like this yesterday due to unpaid parking fines which happened 3 years ago at the uni!

Iíve been advised going to a solicitors but other than that I donít really know if I have a case to stand.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd May 19, 3:05 PM
    • 71,913 Posts
    • 84,326 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 3rd May 19, 3:05 PM
    • 3rd May 19, 3:05 PM
    I’ve been advised going to a solicitors
    You were advised wrong. And don't ask the CAB either.

Please read my post #3 above yours. You need to click back to the sticky threads.

And read the signature under all my posts that you seem to have missed (not visible in a phone, so no trying to see this forum on a tiny little screen, it doesn't work well).
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • ATK86
    • By ATK86 15th May 19, 1:10 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ATK86
    • 15th May 19, 1:10 PM
    • 15th May 19, 1:10 PM
    Can someone please help me, I've read the newbies sticky threads and many others similar to mine from BW Legal. With the claim date now closer it states that the cost will increase to £644 if so.

I feel I do not have a defense as the parking tickets were so long ago (2015) I cannot think of anything that would be sufficient. Should I just pay the original £460 and be done with it. I have a lot going on right now and do not need all this hassle.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th May 19, 10:54 PM
    • 71,913 Posts
    • 84,326 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th May 19, 10:54 PM
    • 15th May 19, 10:54 PM
    parking tickets allegations dated back to 2015. Total Parking Solutions have instructed BW Legal to claim an alleged outstanding balance £460:00 on their behalf.

Can someone please help me, I've read the newbies sticky threads and many others similar to mine from BW Legal. With the claim date now closer it states that the cost will increase to £644 if so.

I feel I do not have a defense as the parking tickets were so long ago (2015) I cannot think of anything that would be sufficient. Should I just pay the original £460 and be done with it. I have a lot going on right now and do not need all this hassle.
    Hahaha, of course you don't have to pay to settle this rubbish scam.

The 'hassle' of sending JUST TWO emails for now, is SURELY worth it to save such a large sum of money over a con.

I can't understand, as you found this forum 2 weeks ago now, why you haven't just read all the other BW Legal LBC threads? Everyone else in your shoes is getting on fine. In the past 2 weeks alone, we've had loads of posts here about TPS.

We have been laughing about how often Tito (the MD of TPS) cancels the charges when people send a SAR to him, as the NEWBIES thread tells you to do.

Have you done that yet? Why are you letting time go by? Have you not read any threads like yours over the past two weeks - you really must.

Search the forum for TITO TPS or TITO SAR 2015 and have a laugh.

The NEWBIES thread tells you to send a SAR to TPS by email and shows a link to an example SAR.

It also tells you to reply to BW Legal in a second email, and you can use the version I wrote on 6th May in another BW Legal thread, as repeated on several BW Legal threads last week. that version robustly replies and buys you 30 days to hear Tito's reply about your PCNs.

Clue - he probably won't be able to produce a copy of ANY of the windscreen PCNs.

You really needed to read other threads as we can't type this on every single BW Legal TPS thread, again and again. You could have learned all this ten days ago just by reading other people's threads just like your one, about TPS.

Start now and read about Tito! Do a SAR!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-05-2019 at 10:58 PM.
    • ATK86
    • By ATK86 16th May 19, 8:32 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ATK86
    • 16th May 19, 8:32 AM
    • 16th May 19, 8:32 AM
    Ok, sorry for my lack of action/knowledge in this area. I have a lot going on in my personal life at the moment. Thank you for your response.

Is this a sufficient email to their DPO to request a SAR?

I have recently received a letter from BW Legal on your behalf stating you issue a claim to the sum of £460.00 from the driver of a car registration plate being **********

These parking notices allegedly date back to 2015, therefore I request a SAR as a minimum to view the details of the alleged breaches of contract. Please provide the following details

ALL photos taken
    All letters/emails sent and received, including any appeal correspondence earlier
    PDT machine record from the day, of payments made.
    All data held, all evidence you will rely on, and a full copy of the PCN, NTK
    Full list of all PCNs you consider are outstanding in reference to the case and/or this VRN, I remind you that any claim must be for all PCNs in one claim, not several separate claims.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 16th May 19, 8:35 AM
    • 4,785 Posts
    • 4,257 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 16th May 19, 8:35 AM
    • 16th May 19, 8:35 AM
    Just a small point, you SUBMIT a SAR as the SAR in itself is a Subject Access Request but yes, that e-mail you are proposing should cover it.
    • ATK86
    • By ATK86 16th May 19, 8:37 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ATK86
    I also applied to have the parking notices removed with the college directly, their 'estates apprentice' responded stating they no longer have a contract with TPS, so are unable to assist with this matter.

She stated I would need to raise this directly with them.

Is this favorable in any way to myself regarding the notices? Is it worth complaining again to more senior management at the college?

The complaint was from the heart as you requested being the best course of action when contacting the landowners.
    • ATK86
    • By ATK86 16th May 19, 8:44 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ATK86
    Just a small point, you SUBMIT a SAR as the SAR in itself is a Subject Access Request but yes, that e-mail you are proposing should cover it.
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk
    Done, thank you. Should I include my name and address in the email to allow them to send details by letter or allow email correspondence?
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 16th May 19, 8:47 AM
    • 4,785 Posts
    • 4,257 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    I expect they will reply by e-mail but don't they already have your name and address from all the correspondence about the PCN?
    • ATK86
    • By ATK86 16th May 19, 9:06 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ATK86
    Ok, thanks.

'Kindly provide us with some kind of identification document to verify your identity. This can be a copy of your driving license, a V5 certificate, or something similar. Once we are in receipt of this information we will formally respond within one calendar month'

I received this email back instantly, do I need to provide this details?
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 16th May 19, 10:10 AM
    • 4,785 Posts
    • 4,257 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    You can e-mail a COPY of your V5C but NOT your driving licence.
    • ATK86
    • By ATK86 16th May 19, 11:34 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ATK86
    Ok, I did that, thanks.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
    • ATK86
    • By ATK86 16th May 19, 12:41 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ATK86
    So the DPO responded quite quickly with photos of the car displaying parking charge notices they had taken after being issued on the vehicle.

The letters from BW Legal state there were four separate outstanding notices totaling £300.00, however the DPO has only sent evidence images of 3 separate occasions? Will this go in my favour?

As instructed I requested PDT machine record from the day within the SAR - response was 'this is not defined as personal information' ?

As stated above the college I attended at the time have no contract anymore with TPS. No evidence of signs displaying that I would be charged for parking there have been sent? I have been back to the college and no signs from TPS currently can be found.
    • ATK86
    • By ATK86 16th May 19, 12:43 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ATK86
    Any advice on my next options would be appreciated.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 19, 12:46 PM
    • 71,913 Posts
    • 84,326 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Email back & ask Tito for the a copy of the actual windscreen PCNs = copies of what they actually said and the wording on the back so that you can compare them to the POFA requirements, and point out they appear to have supplied no data at all for one of the 4 PCNs they've passed to BW Legal. So you intend to report TPS to the ICO for data abuse but you give them seven days to explain their position and produce all of the above.
    • ATK86
    • By ATK86 16th May 19, 3:59 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ATK86
    Thanks Coupon-mad, really appreciate all the help. I replied with the below email

Thank you for providing requested information.

After discussing your email with a legal adviser, they have instructed me to request the following information from you.

*I require actual copies windscreen 'Parking Charge Notices' to view what they actually said and the wording on the back so that we can compare them to the POFA requirements
    *Within the SAR submitted, you included copies of letters sent to my address. I cannot confirm these were ever received. Do you have proof of posting for each of these letters sent?

Furthermore, when comparing your SAR information to the BW Legal claim letter sent there is a deficit of evidence. You have only supplied photographs of 3 separate Parking Charge Notice's yet BW Legal state you are claiming for 4 separately issued Parking Charge Notice's. You appear to have provided no data for one despite passing my personal information to a separate body.

Therefore, I intend to report Total Parking Solutions to the information commissioners office for data abuse.

I will give you seven days to explain your position and produce all of the above.

Regards.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 19, 4:01 PM
    • 71,913 Posts
    • 84,326 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yep, that will get the MD, Tito, spinning.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,912Posts Today

6,389Users online

Martin's Twitter