Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • flopsy1973
    • By flopsy1973 29th Apr 19, 8:01 PM
    • 291Posts
    • 26Thanks
    flopsy1973
    Parking eye
    • 29th Apr 19, 8:01 PM
    Parking eye 29th Apr 19 at 8:01 PM
    Hi
    I successfully won a parking eye appeal with popla with this forums help a few years back.. Unfortunately my partner has now got one can they still be challenged and won on the basis of the contract with landowner? Or have they got tougher now ?
    Thanks
Page 2
    • Redx
    • By Redx 2nd May 19, 7:28 PM
    • 22,461 Posts
    • 28,483 Thanks
    Redx
    they were also published over on pepipoo a few years ago in a thread you posted in, plus people like yourself and hoohoo posted info on 2 landowners, including Craft

and flopsy (slightly different username back then) posted on here about this car park and was told to dig out the information back then as well (so in their previous thread where they won at popla I believe)
    Last edited by Redx; 02-05-2019 at 7:47 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • flopsy1973
    • By flopsy1973 2nd May 19, 7:40 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    flopsy1973
    yes found the old posts but was looking for something up to date, found posts about successful hire car win at rheidol but nothing about the operator
    • MistyZ
    • By MistyZ 3rd May 19, 10:27 AM
    • 578 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    MistyZ
    So in my appeal to PE I just say I am the registered keeper and wish to appeal on what grounds ? . I plan on writing to CEO of Lidl the store managers tend to be useless
    Originally posted by flopsy1973
    Appeal to P.E. using the blue template from the Newbies' thread. It's a carefully worded means to an end, i.e. it does not identify the driver and if refused, as it very likely will be, a POPLA code will be provided.

But do follow C-m's advice and make complaining your priority. Lidl is worth a punt but the stores where shopping was done on the day are even more promising I reckon. If a landowner / land manager complaint is required you'll find contact details easily enough. Why not complain to everyone you possibly can complain to ASAP?

I've seen it said on this forum that P.E. sometimes have an arrangement with stores to cancel PCNs if more than 30 has been spent .... does anyone know if that is still the case?

Get everything sorted ... your 'script' for complaining in person, the wording of email complaints, contact details for the land management company. And locate the blue template appeal.

This car park has a colourful history!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 3rd May 19, 10:36 AM
    • 13,115 Posts
    • 13,447 Thanks
    The Deep
    Have you seen this?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5972164
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • flopsy1973
    • By flopsy1973 9th May 19, 6:41 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    flopsy1973
    I have complained and emails to CEO of companies one has responded saying to use popla! and other not replied cannot find who landowner is
    • MistyZ
    • By MistyZ 9th May 19, 7:54 PM
    • 578 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    MistyZ
    Google Fletcher King, 61 Conduit Street, Mayfair, London.

It seems they manage the land on behalf of the (offshore) landowner, scroll down till you're near the end of this saga:

https://jacothenorth.net/blog/tag/rheidol-retail-park/

There's a lot wrong with the car park, terrible signage for example, but I still reckon the contract is dodgy and worth going to town on.
    Last edited by MistyZ; 09-05-2019 at 7:57 PM.
    • flopsy1973
    • By flopsy1973 15th May 19, 10:49 AM
    • 291 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    flopsy1973
    Does the appeal to PE which will be refused have to to be the same points covered in the appeal to popla when I get round to that?
    • MistyZ
    • By MistyZ 15th May 19, 11:05 AM
    • 578 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    MistyZ
    Does the appeal to PE which will be refused have to to be the same points covered in the appeal to popla when I get round to that?
    Appeal to P.E. using the blue text template from the Newbies' thread.

At the POPLA stage you include all relevant points, some of which are referred to in the first appeal but no, the appeals don't need to match as such, they are quite separate.

Have you appealed to P.E. yet?

And have you tried Fletcher King for a landowner complaint? It's important to exhaust that route before things get to POPLA so do persevere, that is often necessary but often well worth it too. And don't miss the deadline for the appeal to P.E.
    Last edited by MistyZ; 15-05-2019 at 11:09 AM.
    • flopsy1973
    • By flopsy1973 16th May 19, 9:08 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    flopsy1973
    Not done complaint to Fletcher King as from what I read they and PE are in this together anyone had any luck with them? Not done the PE appeal yet need to Asap
    • MistyZ
    • By MistyZ 16th May 19, 9:40 PM
    • 578 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    MistyZ
    Not done complaint to Fletcher King as from what I read they and PE are in this together anyone had any luck with them? Not done the PE appeal yet need to Asap
    An email that is not written or sent is bound to fail. Give it a go with conviction, there's nothing to lose except what .... maybe 20 minutes of your time?
    Last edited by MistyZ; 16-05-2019 at 9:44 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 19, 12:07 AM
    • 72,324 Posts
    • 84,631 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Wrong approach.

Would you rather try appeal, lose, and be sued, rather than getting it cancelled now with one email or finding out later that you could have done so?

Do the retail park complaint first. They are not in it together.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • flopsy1973
    • By flopsy1973 17th May 19, 1:21 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    flopsy1973
    Complained to retail park shops no response
    What can I use in fletcher king email to make it stronger
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 19, 6:29 PM
    • 72,324 Posts
    • 84,631 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    This is why 'SUCCESSFUL COMPLAINTS ABOUT PPCs' is linked in the NEWBIES thread.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • flopsy1973
    • By flopsy1973 18th May 19, 6:47 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    flopsy1973
    hi have spent some time looking through that thread but nothing with template letters to managing agents or fletcher king or have i missed them
    should i email back to lidl saying i am disappointed with their response
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th May 19, 12:15 AM
    • 72,324 Posts
    • 84,631 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No. You are complaining to the retail park, not Lidl, and there are shedloads of example retail park complaints linked there in that thread.

I hope you read it backwards from the most recent posts...not the ancient posts.
    • flopsy1973
    • By flopsy1973 19th May 19, 5:56 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    flopsy1973
    yes have searched pepipoo and forum but who is the contact at fletcher king for this site? dont want to just email customer contact and get it ignored. Cannot find any info
    • MistyZ
    • By MistyZ 19th May 19, 6:54 PM
    • 578 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    MistyZ
    Found this on https://www.linkedin.com/company/fletcher-king from 6 months ago, does anyone who understands business-speak know what it means? I'd guess that the land owner has changed but Fletcher King remain the land management agents.

'Fletcher King have completed an off-market disposal of Rheidol Retail Park, Aberystwyth on behalf of Downham Properties Limited. ............

..............The freehold property was sold to a private investor for 8,100,000 reflecting a Net Initial Yield of 4.64% rising to 6.89% once fully let. Please contact Paul Andrews or Will Preece directly for further details.'

Anyway flopsy1973, I've seen Will Preece's name in connection with Rheidol a few times & am pretty sure his email is there for the googling.
    Last edited by MistyZ; 19-05-2019 at 7:22 PM.
    • flopsy1973
    • By flopsy1973 19th May 19, 7:54 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    flopsy1973
    yes saw same article so was not sure if they still had it
    • MistyZ
    • By MistyZ 19th May 19, 8:43 PM
    • 578 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    MistyZ
    We're pondering too much though, my bad!

Email Will Preece:

wp@fletcherking.co.uk
    • flopsy1973
    • By flopsy1973 20th May 19, 10:06 AM
    • 291 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    flopsy1973
    I did. Also had to put my appeal in to PE as time was getting short. Used the template but it does not mention the contract with landowner so I won't get copy of that to examine? Do I email them requestin copy ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,605Posts Today

5,156Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin