Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andygb
    • By andygb 23rd Apr 19, 8:19 AM
    • 13,209Posts
    • 29,978Thanks
    andygb
    Yodel - are they the worst?
    • 23rd Apr 19, 8:19 AM
    Yodel - are they the worst? 23rd Apr 19 at 8:19 AM
    Ordered a car battery last week, and the Northern company despatched it on Wednesday.
    I know it was Easter, but the battery hasn't arrived and I have no idea when it will arrive.
    The Yodel tracking record shows that it was out for delivery @ 08:51 Saturday, but it was back at the depot @ 16:09 Saturday.
    Then it was back out on delivery @ 17:11 Saturday, with several other timechecks until the final "en route" @ 22:03 Saturday - then nothing more.
    I have tried to contact Yodel but with no luck, and I have since read up about all kinds of problems, non deliveries which other customers have experienced.
    I paid for the battery using credit card, but how do I stand here?
    No card has been put through my door, so I have no idea what is happening.
Page 1
    • rollingmoon
    • By rollingmoon 23rd Apr 19, 10:51 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    rollingmoon
    • 23rd Apr 19, 10:51 AM
    • 23rd Apr 19, 10:51 AM
    I'd be pursuing this with the company you bought the battery from, let them have the grief of dealing with Yodel, and if they can't resolve it in a reasonable time frame I'd be asking for a refund.

These days I always ask which couriers shops/eBay sellers use before placing an order, and if the answer comes back as Yodel or Hermes then I go elsewhere after politely explaining why.
    • andygb
    • By andygb 23rd Apr 19, 3:37 PM
    • 13,209 Posts
    • 29,978 Thanks
    andygb
    • 23rd Apr 19, 3:37 PM
    • 23rd Apr 19, 3:37 PM
    Had another update from Yodel at 8.50 AM (not sure how I missed that) saying that it is "out for delivery".
    Anyone know what time of night they deliver up until?
    • lewishardwick
    • By lewishardwick 23rd Apr 19, 3:56 PM
    • 635 Posts
    • 837 Thanks
    lewishardwick
    • 23rd Apr 19, 3:56 PM
    • 23rd Apr 19, 3:56 PM
    Yes. I recently made a purchase from a company who used Yodel. Delivery failed due to "not finding address", on a simple residential street in a small town. Took them 5 days to attempt redelivery.

Their tracking system is utter dog eggs. Goes from "delivering parcel 2 of 88" to "delivering 70 of 88" within minutes.

Never met the 'delivery window', always later.

I'll never use a company that exclusively uses Yodel. I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon!
    • andygb
    • By andygb 24th Apr 19, 7:28 AM
    • 13,209 Posts
    • 29,978 Thanks
    andygb
    • 24th Apr 19, 7:28 AM
    • 24th Apr 19, 7:28 AM
    Arrived last night, just as I was giving up hope.
    Not impressed at all though.
    • London50
    • By London50 24th Apr 19, 5:18 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 1,675 Thanks
    London50
    • 24th Apr 19, 5:18 PM
    • 24th Apr 19, 5:18 PM
    You must just be very unlucky,most if not all my orders that Yodel deliver arrive either on the stated date or like today an order due on Friday arrived just after lunch.
    I know I am lucky reading so many bad reviews with both Yodel and Hermes but over many years with both companies I have never had delivery problems.
    • harrys nan
    • By harrys nan 24th Apr 19, 5:49 PM
    • 1,629 Posts
    • 3,236 Thanks
    harrys nan
    • 24th Apr 19, 5:49 PM
    • 24th Apr 19, 5:49 PM
    I have to say that I think I must be one of the lucky ones. I have never had a problem with them, all the drivers have been friendly and polite to me, never had a parcel go astray either. Perhaps it's the drivers and not the company
    Treat other's how you like to be treated.

Harry born 23/09/2008
    New baby grandson, Louie born 28/06/2012,
    Proud nanny to two beautiful boys
    And now I have the joy of having my foster granddaughter becoming my real granddaughter. Can't ask for anything better

UPDATE,
    As of today 180919. my granddaughter is now my official granddaughter, adoption finally granted
    • letsbehonest
    • By letsbehonest 14th Jun 19, 10:09 AM
    • 1,000 Posts
    • 228 Thanks
    letsbehonest
    • 14th Jun 19, 10:09 AM
    • 14th Jun 19, 10:09 AM
    Yodel are rubbish my parcels go to an address two streets away and visa versa. Eastern European drivers in my area even with sat nav they get it wrong. Their complaint dept is non existent.
    "Imagination is more Important than knowledge"
    • kangoora
    • By kangoora 15th Jun 19, 12:30 AM
    • 810 Posts
    • 739 Thanks
    kangoora
    • 15th Jun 19, 12:30 AM
    • 15th Jun 19, 12:30 AM
    Probably, I wouldn't trust that company to deliver anything safely.

Here's 3 video's showing their excellent delivery skills - the van transfer I remember seeing, the other two popped up when i tried to google it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVwIO8MStxI

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/yodel-delivery-driver-caught-hurling-12733943

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/yodel-delivery-driver-caught-camera-13309730
    • Omywordno1
    • By Omywordno1 15th Jun 19, 10:41 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Omywordno1
    My yodel driver pretty good. I think it's down to the drivers and not company. As most are self employed.
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 15th Jun 19, 5:49 PM
    • 2,610 Posts
    • 1,933 Thanks
    boo_star
    My yodel driver pretty good. I think it's down to the drivers and not company. As most are self employed.
    Originally posted by Omywordno1
    I don't see why having self employed drivers absolves Yodel of responsibility.

If the drivers are not delivering parcels correctly then they should be taken to task over it regardless of their employment status.

If Yodel isn't doing that they're as much to blame as their drivers.
    • letsbehonest
    • By letsbehonest 13th Oct 19, 10:29 AM
    • 1,000 Posts
    • 228 Thanks
    letsbehonest
    Originally posted by Omywordno1
    Yes but they employ the drivers
    "Imagination is more Important than knowledge"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

159Posts Today

1,601Users online

Martin's Twitter