Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kevmanc
    • By Kevmanc 16th Apr 19, 10:30 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Kevmanc
    Civil Enforcement limited parking fines, advice and help needed
    • 16th Apr 19, 10:30 PM
    Civil Enforcement limited parking fines, advice and help needed 16th Apr 19 at 10:30 PM
    So a friend of mine works in a hospital and has a staff permit for the carpark. A couple of times now a parking ticket has been issued on windscreen and letter by post stating permit not displayed when it clearly is and also not parking is designated staff spaces (they parked in a another bay as all staff spaces were taken) the fine was ignored and now a letter has been recieved from QDR solicitors stating it will be taken to court of the fines are not paid. Can this still be appealed?
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th Apr 19, 10:48 PM
    • 22,245 Posts
    • 28,131 Thanks
    Redx
    • 16th Apr 19, 10:48 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 10:48 PM
    no , too late to appeal it , should have been either 26 days after the windscreen ticket or wait for the postal NTK and appeal it within 28 days

a complaint should be made to the HR dept at the hospital trust, citing the guidelines, getting it cancelled at source

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles

and you should both or all read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, to see what SHOULD BE DONE for these tickets in future
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Kevmanc
    • By Kevmanc 16th Apr 19, 11:17 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Kevmanc
    • 16th Apr 19, 11:17 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 11:17 PM
    Thanks for your response, I've told her to contact HR and see if they can do anything to help. Cheer
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 17th Apr 19, 8:30 AM
    • 12,660 Posts
    • 12,888 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 17th Apr 19, 8:30 AM
    • 17th Apr 19, 8:30 AM
    Also advise her to complain to her MP, they are I the process of drafting codes of practice, etc., which will make life very difficult for these scammers.

On 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these private parking companies. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies. wk
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Apr 19, 12:56 AM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,985 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Apr 19, 12:56 AM
    • 19th Apr 19, 12:56 AM
    So a friend of mine works in a hospital and has a staff permit for the carpark.

A couple of times now a parking ticket has been issued on windscreen and letter by post stating permit not displayed when it clearly is and also not parking is designated staff spaces (they parked in a another bay as all staff spaces were taken) the fine was ignored

and now a letter has been recieved from QDR solicitors stating it will be taken to court of the fines are not paid. Can this still be appealed?
    Originally posted by Kevmanc
    Ignore QDR but kick up a huge fuss with the Facilities Manager to cancel the PCNs.

Read the NHS Car Parking Principles to see that the NHS Trust is liable and what is and is not allowed (clue: CEL's business model is not allowed). The Govt policy is clear.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

356Posts Today

5,315Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin