Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • funkey_monkey
    • By funkey_monkey 16th Apr 19, 9:40 PM
    • 362Posts
    • 25Thanks
    funkey_monkey
    Charged Twice, asking for refund
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:40 PM
    Charged Twice, asking for refund 16th Apr 19 at 9:40 PM
    As per the title, I've been charged twice for an invoice by my parking app.
    They are going to look into returning any due monies, but to do so they has asked for a screenshot of the account showing both payments being withdrawn (I'm fine with this) and also the first 6 and final 4 numbers of my card (not sure about this).

This is a recent transactions due, I believe, to my card having been re-issued as previous expired. The account could not pay the amount due as the card was invalid. When I entered the new card details it must have withdrew the amount twice both on same day.

I have provided them with my account number - is that not sufficient?

Is it okay to send these numbers for validation?

Thanks.
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 16th Apr 19, 9:52 PM
    • 28,958 Posts
    • 11,867 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:52 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:52 PM
    You paid by card so not unexpected they ask for the last 4 digits from the card.

They are not asking for the 3 digit security, just the last 4 digits to cross check that you did actually pay twice.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • funkey_monkey
    • By funkey_monkey 16th Apr 19, 9:56 PM
    • 362 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    funkey_monkey
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:56 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:56 PM
    You paid by card so not unexpected they ask for the last 4 digits from the card.

They are not asking for the 3 digit security, just the last 4 digits to cross check that you did actually pay twice.
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    They want the first 6 digits and the last 4 digits.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 16th Apr 19, 10:22 PM
    • 25,736 Posts
    • 12,963 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 16th Apr 19, 10:22 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 10:22 PM
    The first 6 just indicate which bank issued the card - so that is in the public domain anyway.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • Ergates
    • By Ergates 17th Apr 19, 8:17 AM
    • 355 Posts
    • 500 Thanks
    Ergates
    • 17th Apr 19, 8:17 AM
    • 17th Apr 19, 8:17 AM
    They want the first 6 digits and the last 4 digits.
    Originally posted by funkey_monkey
    They'll be dealing with many thousands of transactions a day. They need those parts of the card number in order to track down the transactions that relate to your card.
    • eco_warrior
    • By eco_warrior 17th Apr 19, 8:22 AM
    • 288 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    eco_warrior
    • 17th Apr 19, 8:22 AM
    • 17th Apr 19, 8:22 AM
    If you are worried just contact your card provider and ask for their help via chargeback. Might be just as quick doing as the retailer asks though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,784Posts Today

7,323Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin