Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bosha
    • By Bosha 16th Apr 19, 9:31 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Bosha
    Universal Cridit
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:31 PM
    Universal Cridit 16th Apr 19 at 9:31 PM
    hi

Could you pleas verify how nuch earning for the last year before end your contract and still entitel for UC?

thanks
    Last edited by Bosha; 16-04-2019 at 10:17 PM.
Page 1
    • huckster
    • By huckster 17th Apr 19, 5:43 AM
    • 3,564 Posts
    • 1,574 Thanks
    huckster
    • 17th Apr 19, 5:43 AM
    • 17th Apr 19, 5:43 AM
    I do not understand your post.

You cannot voluntarily end your employment contract and claim Universal Credit.

If you have opportunity to stay working and can earn enough not to need Universal Credit, then that is what you need to do.

Use a Benefits Calculator by visiting either Entitledto or Turn2us, to see how your current employment earnings affect Universal Credit.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
    • _shel
    • By _shel 17th Apr 19, 5:46 AM
    • 1,835 Posts
    • 3,447 Thanks
    _shel
    • 17th Apr 19, 5:46 AM
    • 17th Apr 19, 5:46 AM
    hi

Could you pleas verify how nuch earning for the last year before end your contract and still entitel for UC?

thanks
    Originally posted by Bosha
    No such figure, depends on monthly earnings if you are entitled that month to a payment. Universal credit does not work on yearly income like tax credits.
    • tomtom256
    • By tomtom256 17th Apr 19, 6:50 AM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 1,948 Thanks
    tomtom256
    • 17th Apr 19, 6:50 AM
    • 17th Apr 19, 6:50 AM
    If you leave voluntary without good reason you could face a loss of benefits for I think its up to 13 weeks.

The work coach you see when you do your first commitments should ask about this.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,462Posts Today

4,387Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin