Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hannahloumay
    • By Hannahloumay 16th Apr 19, 7:30 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Hannahloumay
    Sandtex exterior gloss not dry
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:30 PM
    Sandtex exterior gloss not dry 16th Apr 19 at 7:30 PM
    Hi have painted an outdoor bench with the above paint in black, did 2 coats one last Monday and one last Thursday (5 days ago) although it is dry to touch when you sit on it the paint is marking clothes
    Any advice?
Page 1
    • Grey Critic
    • By Grey Critic 16th Apr 19, 7:34 PM
    • 123 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    Grey Critic
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:34 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:34 PM
    Look on the tin. There will be a telephone number for customer service. Ask them.
    • victor2
    • By victor2 16th Apr 19, 7:55 PM
    • 4,916 Posts
    • 3,291 Thanks
    victor2
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:55 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:55 PM
    Hi have painted an outdoor bench with the above paint in black, did 2 coats one last Monday and one last Thursday (5 days ago) although it is dry to touch when you sit on it the paint is marking clothes
    Any advice?
    Originally posted by Hannahloumay
    DId you allow 16 hours between coats, as it says to on the tin? I somehow doubt that if you did two coats in one day. It also says not to store below 5C. Was it stored or used below 5 degrees?
    Still worth asking their customer service what you can do now as already suggested. Advice might be to wait much longer for it to properly harden.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 16th Apr 19, 8:06 PM
    • 12,841 Posts
    • 9,621 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 16th Apr 19, 8:06 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 8:06 PM
    DId you allow 16 hours between coats, as it says to on the tin? I somehow doubt that if you did two coats in one day. It also says not to store below 5C. Was it stored or used below 5 degrees?
    Still worth asking their customer service what you can do now as already suggested. Advice might be to wait much longer for it to properly harden.
    Originally posted by victor2
    Did you not read the post your quoted.

Any advice?
    Originally posted by Hannahloumay
    • victor2
    • By victor2 16th Apr 19, 8:11 PM
    • 4,916 Posts
    • 3,291 Thanks
    victor2
    • 16th Apr 19, 8:11 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 8:11 PM
    Did you not read the post your quoted.
    Originally posted by neilmcl
    Sure did, and last time I looked there were 24 hours in a day. So it is theoretically possible to apply two coats in one day, hence the "I somehow doubt it" comment.
    • Hermione Granger
    • By Hermione Granger 16th Apr 19, 8:59 PM
    • 1,043 Posts
    • 1,742 Thanks
    Hermione Granger
    • 16th Apr 19, 8:59 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 8:59 PM
    Sure did, and last time I looked there were 24 hours in a day. So it is theoretically possible to apply two coats in one day, hence the "I somehow doubt it" comment.
    Originally posted by victor2
    The OP stated that they have put two coats of paint on the bench. One coat was applied on Monday and the second coat applied on Thursday.
    • victor2
    • By victor2 16th Apr 19, 9:07 PM
    • 4,916 Posts
    • 3,291 Thanks
    victor2
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:07 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:07 PM
    OK. I stand corrected. Misread it twice!
    It sounds like 16 hours must have elapsed between costs. Have to fall on the temperature option then.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,486Posts Today

7,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin