Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cupcake456
    • By cupcake456 16th Apr 19, 7:02 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 7Thanks
    cupcake456
    Unsure lucky checkout prize fund winner, can you help?
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:02 PM
    Unsure lucky checkout prize fund winner, can you help? 16th Apr 19 at 7:02 PM
    I signed up for Lucky checkout where you are entered into a draw every time you purchase online through their affiliated sites and the draw is taken every month. I received an email from the company saying that I have won 500 but they are asking for lots of details like account number and sort code, a form of identification to prove age and residency to the UK, address and date of birth even though it can be paid through paypal.
    I'm sceptical about it even though I have heard from an influencer that they received their money, but I just don't feel comfortable sending all of that information.
    Are they asking for way too much information??
Page 1
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 16th Apr 19, 8:15 PM
    • 40,046 Posts
    • 307,378 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 16th Apr 19, 8:15 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 8:15 PM
    This is from their FAQs where they do require that sort of information

When you win a prize, the first thing we will do is notify you via email and ask you to enter some banking and personal details, also asking you to email us a scanned (or photographed) copy of your passport or driving licence, along with a recent copy of a utility bill. This is so that we are able to issue you with payment for your prize, and so that we can confirm that you are eligible to be entered into our prize draws (since currently only UK residents are eligible to be entered into our prize draws). If you prefer you can post your passport/driving license and utility bill to "Lucky Checkout (UK) Ltd, 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor, London W1W 7LT", although please be sure to include a stamped addressed envelope so that we are able to send them back to you.

As soon as all the necessary information has been received and verified, we will issue you with your prize by making a BACS payment to your bank account.

Finally, we will also ask you to take a "selfie" of yourself and send that and a testimonial to us, which will be used in the announcement on our website that you were the winner of that month's prize draw. Beyond that, all you need to do is sit back and plan how you're going to spend your winnings!
    Internet goodness 26324
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 16th Apr 19, 9:13 PM
    • 5,957 Posts
    • 105,653 Thanks
    Blulu
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:13 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:13 PM
    Out of curiosity, I just did a brief Google search on "Lucky checkout". Quickly scanning the first 4 pages of results, the only result that questioned their legitimacy, was a link to this question, by you, here on MSE.

Please don't take this as definite, because I don't know the company at all, but my guess is that they're legit. But perhaps it would be worth doing a slightly longer Google search on them, to help you to decide - unless someone who knows better replies here, of course.

Hope it works out fine, and if it does - congrats on a very nice win.

Blu XXX
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
    • cupcake456
    • By cupcake456 18th Apr 19, 4:47 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    cupcake456
    • 18th Apr 19, 4:47 PM
    • 18th Apr 19, 4:47 PM
    UPDATE - it was legit!! I didn't even have to give any bank details in the end because it was all done through paypal so very secure, would highly recommend any online shoppers sign up for this as its so easy!
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 18th Apr 19, 5:44 PM
    • 40,046 Posts
    • 307,378 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 18th Apr 19, 5:44 PM
    • 18th Apr 19, 5:44 PM
    Congratulations
    Internet goodness 26324
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,771Posts Today

7,266Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin