Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Laurasx
    • By Laurasx 16th Apr 19, 5:27 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Laurasx
    Help with Universal Credit LCWRA
    • 16th Apr 19, 5:27 PM
    Help with Universal Credit LCWRA 16th Apr 19 at 5:27 PM
    I've been waiting to find out a decision in regards to LCW/LCWRA on universal credit. (Been over 5 months and a half since i applied)

I called the universal credit helpline today and they told me it says on the system I have LCWRA but they cant tell me how long it will be until it shows up on my unicersal credit online account. Glad to know i dont need to worry about the result anymore but bit confused as to what this means? I've called before and told there was nothing on the system so does this mean a decision has been made ? Guessing i will get a letter confirming this soon ?
Page 1
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 16th Apr 19, 5:37 PM
    • 2,191 Posts
    • 1,470 Thanks
    calcotti
    • 16th Apr 19, 5:37 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 5:37 PM
    If you have an online journal you should get confirmation on the journal. You will not get a letter. You should also start to see the LCWRA element added to the calculation of your payments. Depending on the history of your claim and when you first provided a Fit Note past payments may need to be recalculated also and you may be due some arrears.
    • huckster
    • By huckster 17th Apr 19, 6:02 AM
    • 3,575 Posts
    • 1,579 Thanks
    huckster
    • 17th Apr 19, 6:02 AM
    • 17th Apr 19, 6:02 AM
    Your health journey starts from your first Doctors fit note and continues as long as fit notes continue to be provided. You have your assessment and a few weeks after this, DWP receive the assessment report. About 6 weeks later a DWP decision maker will add the decision to your UC journal.

So the decision should be received approx 2 months after the assessment. If more time has passed, ask UC to chase this up for you.

If you receive LCWRA, you don't get any extra money for the first 3 UC assessment periods following the first fit note.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,745Posts Today

7,400Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin