Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • maryhaggie
    • By maryhaggie 16th Apr 19, 5:24 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 7Thanks
    maryhaggie
    lincoln Insurance
    • 16th Apr 19, 5:24 PM
    lincoln Insurance 16th Apr 19 at 5:24 PM
    sorry if this is not appropriate, if it is pl disregard.
    I'm looking for a telephone number for Lincoln Insurances based in Honduras St London, I have searched for ages and although it appears in company reports there is not phone number. It is in respect of a small life insurance my husband took out in the 1970's and has passed through different companies including Citycorp but from the direct debit we are paying through our bank it is now with Lincoln. I have kept all such papers for decades but can't find any notice of transfer to Lincoln from Citicorp. My husband's death is now unfortunately imminent and I would like to contact them just to check that they do in fact have his policy - there seem to be loads of companies called Lincoln - thank you xx
Page 1
    • uk1
    • By uk1 16th Apr 19, 6:13 PM
    • 1,207 Posts
    • 862 Thanks
    uk1
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:13 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:13 PM
    sorry if this is not appropriate, if it is pl disregard.
    I'm looking for a telephone number for Lincoln Insurances based in Honduras St London, I have searched for ages and although it appears in company reports there is not phone number. It is in respect of a small life insurance my husband took out in the 1970's and has passed through different companies including Citycorp but from the direct debit we are paying through our bank it is now with Lincoln. I have kept all such papers for decades but can't find any notice of transfer to Lincoln from Citicorp. My husband's death is now unfortunately imminent and I would like to contact them just to check that they do in fact have his policy - there seem to be loads of companies called Lincoln - thank you xx
    Originally posted by maryhaggie
    Hi

Sorry to hear of your situation. I’ve checked with Companies House and the address you have is simply the registered address so isn’t useful for you. From Companies House it appears that they are and have been inactive since September 2009. They seem to now only exist in the UK to service their own employees pensions. The first document is the relevant.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01814420/filing-history

You might try these to see if they are related ....

http://www.lincolnfinancialservices.co.uk/

If not, do not panic, it may be that they have transferred the pesnion further. I’m afraid your best bet is to try and track the pension through the pensions tracking service.

https://www.findpensioncontacts.service.gov.uk/

Good luck and best wishes in your situation.
    Last edited by uk1; 16-04-2019 at 6:20 PM.
    • maryhaggie
    • By maryhaggie 16th Apr 19, 6:23 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    maryhaggie
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:23 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:23 PM
    Thank you so much, we have been paying 4 -odd per month since the 1970's and wont get much back! I wonder who Lloyd's is paying it to - their reference number on the standing order included the policy number but it says Lincoln Assurance. I will follow up your references, thank you again
    xx
    • uk1
    • By uk1 16th Apr 19, 6:28 PM
    • 1,207 Posts
    • 862 Thanks
    uk1
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:28 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:28 PM
    Thank you so much, we have been paying 4 -odd per month since the 1970's and wont get much back! I wonder who Lloyd's is paying it to - their reference number on the standing order included the policy number but it says Lincoln Assurance. I will follow up your references, thank you again
    xx
    Originally posted by maryhaggie

I have just had another thought. Obvious really. Ring up the registrars of the company at the address you have in the morning and ask them for an up to date contact detail.

http://www.london-registrars.co.uk/

020 7608 0011

...... as you have now mentioned "assurance" I found this ...

Life Assurance
    Getting in contact with Lincoln Assurance Limited

Address:
    Gloucester
    Gloucestershire
    GL4 3RZ
    Tel: 01452371371
    Last edited by uk1; 16-04-2019 at 6:30 PM.
    • maryhaggie
    • By maryhaggie 16th Apr 19, 10:41 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    maryhaggie
    • 16th Apr 19, 10:41 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 10:41 PM
    thank you, there seem to be so many companies with similar names! I put the name or a variant of it into the financial conduct authority website search and it came up with Sun life of Canada which apparently is a dodgy company!
    cheers again xx
    • uk1
    • By uk1 16th Apr 19, 11:07 PM
    • 1,207 Posts
    • 862 Thanks
    uk1
    • 16th Apr 19, 11:07 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 11:07 PM
    I can see on their web site that they have taken over Lincoln. Not certain where you heard that - as far as I know they are a very old well-established organisation. Hope you track your pension down and I hope things go as well as they can do on the wider challenges.

https://www.sloc.co.uk/slfuk/About+us?vgnLocale=en_CA
    • maryhaggie
    • By maryhaggie 17th Apr 19, 7:46 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    maryhaggie
    • 17th Apr 19, 7:46 AM
    • 17th Apr 19, 7:46 AM
    thanks again, I am popping into the bank today, to ask them if they can find out where the firm is from their bank sort code which appears on the standing order.
    this is what I got when I entered 'Lincoln Assurance' into the Financial Conduct authority search box
    https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_FirmDetailsPage?id=001b000000MfFrfAAF
    and also this came up on a search
    https://www.creditfinancecentre.co.uk/lincoln_financial_insurance_article.html

thanks, you have been very helpful xxx
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 17th Apr 19, 8:57 AM
    • 34,980 Posts
    • 19,047 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 17th Apr 19, 8:57 AM
    • 17th Apr 19, 8:57 AM
    Lincoln Assurance comes under the Resolution Group umbrella, a firm which took over many closed life funds in the last 20 years.

More here;-

Resolution Life Group Services Limited
    London

2 Queen Anne’s Gate, London, SW1H 9AA, United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 (0)20 3372 2900

Email: info@resolutionlife.com
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • maryhaggie
    • By maryhaggie 17th Apr 19, 3:20 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    maryhaggie
    • 17th Apr 19, 3:20 PM
    • 17th Apr 19, 3:20 PM
    many thanks for your interest, I rang the number, was told I needed Friends' Life, rang the number, it was Aviva, and a very helpful chap is trying to trace it for me, what a palaver. If he does find it he may not be able to give details as it is my husbands name and I may need to send in my power of attourney.
    thank you againxx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,374Posts Today

4,215Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin