Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Magginnis
    • By Magginnis 16th Apr 19, 4:45 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Magginnis
    Purchasing additional buy to lets
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:45 PM
    Purchasing additional buy to lets 16th Apr 19 at 4:45 PM
    My wife and I are retired now (aged 70).
    We have personal income which takes us into the 40% tax bracket.
    We are recently in the process of buying a number buy to let properties.
    We have been advised to set up a ltd company and purchase these within the company, 50% shareholder myself and 50% wife and then to place in our will to distribute the shares to our two children equally.
    I am keen to get any advice or thoughts please as to whether you think this would be the best way to proceed.
Page 1
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 16th Apr 19, 6:49 PM
    • 6,284 Posts
    • 7,258 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:49 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:49 PM
    As this has nothing to do with ISAs you might be better off posting in a more appropriate board, although considering you appear to be very wealthy, you really should take paid for professional advice both on the most tax efficient method of running your business and IHT planning.
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 16th Apr 19, 9:56 PM
    • 13,210 Posts
    • 12,235 Thanks
    jimjames
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:56 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 9:56 PM
    If you're retired I wouldn't be looking at options that create more work for you, I'd use passive investments that require no maintenance or calls out of hours from tenants
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,521Posts Today

7,507Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin