Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Conjohn
    • By Conjohn 16th Apr 19, 4:45 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Conjohn
    0 WOW
    Cancelled flight help
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:45 PM
    0 WOW
    Cancelled flight help 16th Apr 19 at 4:45 PM
    Hi, I booked a holiday with love holidays, on the 23rd Nov last year but changed my mind and cancelled it

On December 2018 love holidays continued to take payments out of my account, when I rang them, they said I hadn't cancelled it the holiday, I tried explaining to them. But they said if I wanted to cancel it would cost me another 380 cause flights are nonrefundable so I decided to keep paying the holiday and that was fine

Now a month before we go away, we tried to check in, and the flights are saying cancelled I phoned easy jet to confirm this and they said it was cancelled on the 23rd of November

Love holidays said, because easy jet is an independent company they weren't to know the flight were cancelled and they couldn't of known. They are offering me a refund with a cancellation fee of 130 now. Should I take this offer?
Page 1
    • Westin
    • By Westin 16th Apr 19, 7:26 PM
    • 1,774 Posts
    • 1,300 Thanks
    Westin
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:26 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:26 PM
    It sounds like you possibly booked your holiday and took benefit of a low deposit scheme. At time LoveHolidays have offered these as low as 1. If you check your paperwork from Love Holidays this may confirm this and explain what happens if you subsequently cancel your trip. Normally the full deposit is still due when you cancel, as would be the cost for any non-refundable items such as the airline ticket.

I think there might be further confusion when you cancelled. Sounds like the holiday was cancelled as you instructed. LoveHolidays would have initially paid in full for the EasyJet flights. These flights were non-refundable as you have been told. LoveHolidays would look to recover this cost plus any other cancellation fees from you and which is why payments were still collected.

Not sure why you attempted to checkin if you instructed LoveHolidays to cancel the holiday.

The partial refund being offered now is probably the overpayment made on the booking minus the EasyJet in refundable tickets and any other fees incurred when you cancelled.

This might be a lost cause and 130 may be all that is due back to you.
    • cubegame
    • By cubegame 17th Apr 19, 6:11 AM
    • 1,676 Posts
    • 906 Thanks
    cubegame
    • 17th Apr 19, 6:11 AM
    • 17th Apr 19, 6:11 AM
    My take is that the OP thought they were unsuccessful in originally cancelling the holiday so when they realised that they had to still pay (when the queried the payments in December) they reversed the decision.

It still leads to a confusion over what happened though. Perhaps the OP cancelled the Easyjet flights themselves thinking that Easyjet would communicate to Love Holidays?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,062Posts Today

7,391Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin