Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stoopyftm
    • By stoopyftm 16th Apr 19, 4:43 PM
    • 46Posts
    • 1Thanks
    stoopyftm
    Nova Direct Breakdown Cover
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:43 PM
    Nova Direct Breakdown Cover 16th Apr 19 at 4:43 PM
    Hi,

Anybody used these before? I've never heard of them and my breakdown renewal is up and their deal seems so much better than everyone elses it's too good to be true.

I've checked and I'm pretty sure I havent missed anything, no hidden extras and everything I want seems to be there, home start, onward journey etc

So has anybody had any experience using them

Thanks
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 16th Apr 19, 5:10 PM
    • 28,958 Posts
    • 11,867 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 16th Apr 19, 5:10 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 5:10 PM
    Cannot claim within 30 days if deemed to be electrical ?

(edit: If you call them out within 30 days you need to prove you have used the vehicle since taking out the policy)

Onward travel, you pay for it and reclaim it later ?

6 Unique callouts ? So if they do a temp repair and you breakdown again are you covered?

30 excess, seems unclear when this is payable?
    Last edited by forgotmyname; 16-04-2019 at 5:15 PM.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • stoopyftm
    • By stoopyftm 17th Apr 19, 9:40 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    stoopyftm
    • 17th Apr 19, 9:40 AM
    • 17th Apr 19, 9:40 AM
    Cannot claim within 30 days if deemed to be electrical ?

(edit: If you call them out within 30 days you need to prove you have used the vehicle since taking out the policy)

Onward travel, you pay for it and reclaim it later ?

6 Unique callouts ? So if they do a temp repair and you breakdown again are you covered?

30 excess, seems unclear when this is payable?
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    It's a different policy to the 30 excess one, this one has no excess. but it's a good point, last year I was looking at a policy that had an excess and I went through all of the literature and it was still unclear so eventually decided to steer clear of all 'excess' policies, for the small amount you save on the premium it doesnt seem worth it.

Fair point on all the others too, but I dont think any of them would cause me an issue. I was thinking more of the company being legit and fit for purpose, but I found them on compare the market and I dont think they would include them in their searches if they weren't all above board.

Just wondered really if anyone had any experiences with them as it's not a name I've heard before.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 17th Apr 19, 10:57 AM
    • 28,958 Posts
    • 11,867 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 17th Apr 19, 10:57 AM
    • 17th Apr 19, 10:57 AM
    Above board and having the right product is 2 different things though.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • MEM62
    • By MEM62 17th Apr 19, 11:14 AM
    • 2,273 Posts
    • 1,918 Thanks
    MEM62
    • 17th Apr 19, 11:14 AM
    • 17th Apr 19, 11:14 AM
    Try AutoAid as recommended by MSE. There is a link from this site.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

447Posts Today

5,534Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin