Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Azi_333
    • By Azi_333 16th Apr 19, 4:10 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Azi_333
    Cp plus parking fine
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:10 PM
    Cp plus parking fine 16th Apr 19 at 4:10 PM
    Hi, i was at my local retail shops and the car park was really full. I parked on the side of the road which is not a pavement and there was plenty of space for cars to get past. There are no double yellow lines or notices that you cant park there. I got a parking notice on my windshield saying i was parked in a disabled parking bay. When i parked i saw the security person as i left my car and he said nothing at all to me, i was 15/20mins in boots getting some eye drops for my daughter and i knew i wasn’t going to be long.

Can i appeal this as i definitely was not parked in a disabled bay as my ticket says? And there are no other restrictions listed there, and i have seen plenty other drivers park as i had parked.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 16th Apr 19, 4:17 PM
    • 4,621 Posts
    • 3,998 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:17 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:17 PM
    Go HERE, read all of post # 1 and then send the blue text template appeal with no deletions, additions or modifications.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Apr 19, 4:20 PM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,985 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:20 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:20 PM
    Can i appeal this as i definitely was not parked in a disabled bay
    Well you certainly don't appeal saying ''I'' didn't park there''!

No need for any new thread in fact. This is easy.

CP Plus will fold when they see the forum appeal template, (or they might try emailing you to ask who was driving, which you obviously ignore) then they will fold.

You know from reading the NEWBIES thread first (we sincerely hope) NOT to appeal till day 26...and why the delay, and why not to imply who parked!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Azi_3333
    • By Azi_3333 16th Apr 19, 6:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Azi_3333
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:17 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:17 PM
    Hi, i have tried to search these details but cant find so sorry of they seem silly

1- If you go over the 14days, doesnt the fine increase?

2- And also, is it the car parks responsibility to prove that the car was parked inside a disabled bay?

3- If not parked in disabled bay and they have given penalty for that, is it easier to contest or do i have to get photos? As car was definitely not in a disabled bay.

4- as i was visiting boots pharmacy would i also wait to write to them to ask them for help? As i literally went only to the pharmacy and was out in 15/20mins max that i can prove with receipts.

Sorry if im repeating anything, but as its my first time for this its does seem really frustrating, council parking is so much easier to deal.
    • Azi_3333
    • By Azi_3333 16th Apr 19, 6:31 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Azi_3333
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:31 PM
    Thnx, dont really understand the 26day thing aside from the fact that the car park has to send a notice to keeper within 56days...

but what if they reject the appeal? Then do i have to pay they higher amount or do i get another chance to pay the reduced amount?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Apr 19, 6:31 PM
    • 38,643 Posts
    • 22,593 Thanks
    Quentin
    Hi, i have tried to search these details but cant find so sorry of they seem silly.....
    Originally posted by Azi_3333
    You have to find them!

No-one is going to post up here when it's so easy to find!

The newbies faq thread is near the top of the forum list of threads

Post #1 has all the advice and the template appeal for you to simply copy!
    Last edited by Quentin; 16-04-2019 at 6:34 PM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Apr 19, 6:35 PM
    • 38,643 Posts
    • 22,593 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:35 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:35 PM
    The
    Thnx, dont really understand the 26day thing aside from the fact that the car park has to send a notice to keeper within 56days...

but what if they reject the appeal? Then do i have to pay they higher amount or do i get another chance to pay the reduced amount?
    Have you read #3 above??
    Last edited by Quentin; 16-04-2019 at 7:33 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Apr 19, 12:35 AM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,985 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Apr 19, 12:35 AM
    • 19th Apr 19, 12:35 AM
    but what if they reject the appeal?
    They won't.

NOT if you send the template appeal from the NEWBIES THREAD.

DO NOT add anything about what happened, or you are telling them who was driving, eeek!

OMG it is impossible to lose against CP Plus, IMHO (if you use the template appeal).

Submit it UNCHANGED - online or by email, never by post - and do NOT say who was driving. You will not be paying a penny. You WILL NOT lose.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 19-04-2019 at 12:37 AM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 19th Apr 19, 9:00 AM
    • 38,643 Posts
    • 22,593 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 19th Apr 19, 9:00 AM
    • 19th Apr 19, 9:00 AM
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your posts where you have given details of who was the driver and remove those details

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread against you
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 19th Apr 19, 9:18 AM
    • 4,618 Posts
    • 6,605 Thanks
    Half_way
    Hi, i have tried to search these details but cant find so sorry of they seem silly

1- If you go over the 14days, doesnt the fine increase?

2- And also, is it the car parks responsibility to prove that the car was parked inside a disabled bay?

3- If not parked in disabled bay and they have given penalty for that, is it easier to contest or do i have to get photos? As car was definitely not in a disabled bay.

4- as i was visiting boots pharmacy would i also wait to write to them to ask them for help? As i literally went only to the pharmacy and was out in 15/20mins max that i can prove with receipts.

Sorry if im repeating anything, but as its my first time for this its does seem really frustrating, council parking is so much easier to deal.

1: its not a fine, the so called increase is no more than a pressure tactic

2: private parking company's pretty much make the rules up as they go along, was the vehicle parked in a disabled bay? were these bays poorly marked/signed?

3: you have not been issued with a penalty, see point 1

4: If this is a retail park, then you will need to find the landowner, Boots will probably be no more than tenants, and the manager/staff of the store will probably be just as fed up with the antics of CP plus as you are.

You need to get an understanding of the private parking industry, you need to use the correct terms - its not a fine, or a penalty.

If you are the registered keeper of the vehicle then someone else may be the driver, never name the driver, or give hints as to who this may have been, no I/He/She/Husband/Wife/Mum/Brother/Sister/Uncle etc, always refer to it as the driver entered the car park, or talk about the vehicle, ie the vehicle/car entered the car park and parked on/at/did.

Never base your forum username on your real name, its ok in most other parts of the MSE forum system, but on here can cause issues
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 19th Apr 19, 10:06 AM
    • 12,660 Posts
    • 12,888 Thanks
    The Deep
    This is a well known scam which we hope will be shut down shortly as on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these private parking companies. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

371Posts Today

5,323Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin