Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GB1611
    • By GB1611 16th Apr 19, 3:30 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    GB1611
    NO Notification for parking offence
    • 16th Apr 19, 3:30 PM
    NO Notification for parking offence 16th Apr 19 at 3:30 PM
    Hi
    I'm a newbie, I have looked through as much as I can on the forums, but I have not managed to find what I am looking for. I received a Parking charge notice from Dept Recovery Plus acting on behalf of PCS (Parking Control Solutions) requesting that I pay 160 parking charge for PARKING BEYOND A STIPULATED TIME LIMIT. The date on the letter said the charge happened on 21/01/19. DRP state they sent the letter on 02/04/19 but i did not receive until 09/04/19. After tracking down who PCS were i sent them an email on Friday asking what the charge was about and why i had no notificationt and they replied for outstaying parking allocation time and please deal with DRP as they would not enter into any further correspondence. I sent an email to DRP on Monday 15/04/19 before going out for the day and upon checking emails i received one stating that they aim to answer emails within 14 to 28 days.

I have rang DRP asking what it is about and they said i had to pay them today 16/04/19 as this was my final day if i don't pay they will recommend Court Charges be brought and i do not have any right of appeal anywhere. I must pay the fine.

How can i appeal against something within the stipulated time (according to DRP) if i know nothing about this

Help please this is driving me nuts as 160 parking fine is ridiculous

Any help would be much appreciated.
Page 2
    • GB1611
    • By GB1611 16th Apr 19, 5:43 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GB1611
    KeithP thank you and yes i am going to follow Quentin advice, and when the dreaded letter arrives i will contact the forum.

Thank you all for your help it really is appreciated
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

40Posts Today

1,121Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin