Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GB1611
    • By GB1611 16th Apr 19, 3:30 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    GB1611
    NO Notification for parking offence
    • 16th Apr 19, 3:30 PM
    NO Notification for parking offence 16th Apr 19 at 3:30 PM
    Hi
    I'm a newbie, I have looked through as much as I can on the forums, but I have not managed to find what I am looking for. I received a Parking charge notice from Dept Recovery Plus acting on behalf of PCS (Parking Control Solutions) requesting that I pay 160 parking charge for PARKING BEYOND A STIPULATED TIME LIMIT. The date on the letter said the charge happened on 21/01/19. DRP state they sent the letter on 02/04/19 but i did not receive until 09/04/19. After tracking down who PCS were i sent them an email on Friday asking what the charge was about and why i had no notificationt and they replied for outstaying parking allocation time and please deal with DRP as they would not enter into any further correspondence. I sent an email to DRP on Monday 15/04/19 before going out for the day and upon checking emails i received one stating that they aim to answer emails within 14 to 28 days.

I have rang DRP asking what it is about and they said i had to pay them today 16/04/19 as this was my final day if i don't pay they will recommend Court Charges be brought and i do not have any right of appeal anywhere. I must pay the fine.

How can i appeal against something within the stipulated time (according to DRP) if i know nothing about this

Help please this is driving me nuts as 160 parking fine is ridiculous

Any help would be much appreciated.
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 16th Apr 19, 3:42 PM
    • 14,345 Posts
    • 16,326 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 16th Apr 19, 3:42 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 3:42 PM
    Hi and welcome.

Post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread offers comprehensive guidance on how to deal with debt collectors letters.

But to summarise that post - ignore them.
    • BrownTrout
    • By BrownTrout 16th Apr 19, 3:48 PM
    • 182 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    BrownTrout
    • 16th Apr 19, 3:48 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 3:48 PM
    Dont phone DRP. They lie cheat and bully. They have even claimed they buy debts and can sue people
    When challenged they terminate the call
    • GB1611
    • By GB1611 16th Apr 19, 4:41 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GB1611
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:41 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:41 PM
    Thank you all they said to me was i had to pay the fine today and that there was no appeal process
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Apr 19, 4:42 PM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,989 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:42 PM
    I have rang DRP
    Don't do that. And no-one PAYS them!

Have you missed post #4 of the NEWBIES thread about them?

Help please this is driving me nuts as 160 parking fine is ridiculous
    We do this all the time. Calm down! This is a nothing stage.

Read some other threads and stop thinking it's a fine.

Which ACTUAL PARKING FIRM do DRP and PCS say they were acting for, in the letter(s)?
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 16-04-2019 at 4:44 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • BrownTrout
    • By BrownTrout 16th Apr 19, 4:42 PM
    • 182 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    BrownTrout
    Well dont phone them or engage with them in anyway
    Last edited by BrownTrout; 16-04-2019 at 5:24 PM.
    • GB1611
    • By GB1611 16th Apr 19, 4:46 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GB1611
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:46 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:46 PM
    Thank you but they have threatened to take court action and i have been told that could cost me a lot more
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Apr 19, 4:48 PM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,989 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:48 PM
    Thank you but they have threatened to take court action and i have been told that could cost me a lot more
    Originally posted by GB1611
    Please stop.

Please read the NEWBIES thread post #4 first.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 16th Apr 19, 4:48 PM
    • 14,345 Posts
    • 16,326 Thanks
    KeithP
    So you still haven't read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread.

It clearly tells you that a debt collector cannot start court action.

Read that letter you have again... it does not say they will start court action, does it?
    • GB1611
    • By GB1611 16th Apr 19, 4:49 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GB1611
    Coupon-mad DRP are representing the creditor Parking Control Solutions
    • waamo
    • By waamo 16th Apr 19, 4:49 PM
    • 6,329 Posts
    • 8,280 Thanks
    waamo
    They wouldn't be very successful if they told you they wouldn't do anything and it's all ok would they?
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Apr 19, 4:51 PM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,989 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    https://parkingcontrolsolutions.co.uk/

That bunch?

Please read the NEWBIES thread post #4 as explained 4 times now.
    • GB1611
    • By GB1611 16th Apr 19, 4:51 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GB1611
    KeithP they state they are going to recommend Parking Control Solutions to take court action against me
    • GB1611
    • By GB1611 16th Apr 19, 4:52 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GB1611
    Coupon-mad, yes that is the Company
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 16th Apr 19, 4:53 PM
    • 14,345 Posts
    • 16,326 Thanks
    KeithP
    KeithP they state they are going to recommend Parking Control Solutions to take court action against me
    So?

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Apr 19, 4:53 PM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,989 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Big deal really. DRP cannot do ANYTHING.

You haven't read any other threads yet have you?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Apr 19, 4:57 PM
    • 38,659 Posts
    • 22,600 Thanks
    Quentin
    If you had read the post in the FAQ you would know that we advise you to ignore everything you get except a lbcca or Court correspondence

If and when it comes to that then come to the faq thread for advice on how to deal with court claims. (#2 there)
    • GB1611
    • By GB1611 16th Apr 19, 5:30 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GB1611
    Thank you all for your help, i have read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread and trying to digest but at 70 years of age the little grey cells do not always abosorb as much correctly. The only thing that has me upset is i cannot appeal as i have had no communication what so ever apart from the Debt Recovery letter.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 16th Apr 19, 5:35 PM
    • 14,345 Posts
    • 16,326 Thanks
    KeithP
    Thank you all for your help, i have read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread and trying to digest but at 70 years of age the little grey cells do not always abosorb as much correctly. The only thing that has me upset is i cannot appeal as i have had no communication what so ever apart from the Debt Recovery letter.
    Why not follow the guidance offered by Quentin in his most recent post?

That's all you need to do.
    Last edited by KeithP; 16-04-2019 at 5:42 PM.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 16th Apr 19, 5:40 PM
    • 12,665 Posts
    • 12,890 Thanks
    The Deep
    It is all a scam, which the Government is in the process of shutting down. Do not be intimidated by their threats, the only way they can get a sou out of you is to take you to court and win. IMO they would struggle mightily.

Get your MP on side, they are well familiar with this scam and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these private parking companies. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies. .
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,510Posts Today

7,163Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin