Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cockell
    • By Cockell 16th Apr 19, 2:13 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Cockell
    Claim form county court business centre
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:13 PM
    Claim form county court business centre 16th Apr 19 at 2:13 PM
    Hello please please help me! I am very sorry to post I've spent days reading through posts and I am just confusing myself and stressing myself out even more. I have no idea what I'm doing so any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance

On 4th April I received a county court business centre claim form. I have already filled in the AOS and now I need to write my defense. I have no idea what to write and can't seem to find anything that's fits. Here is a bit of background about the ticket:
    It happend in a business park (my place of work). In November 2018 defendant left the office to find a charge notice stuck to window, it said to wait to hear from them. I have now received this claim form. I pay my road tax, Defendant wasn't parked on any yellow lines or blocking any entrances/exits and there were no signs around where the car was parked to say no parking there. I would just like a bit of advice or a rough guide on how I can write a defense. My defense is I've had no letters from Vehicle control services limited until I received this claim form from the court. I am the registered keeper of this car. Have you got any tips to help me fight this?

Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by Cockell; 16-04-2019 at 3:43 PM.
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 16th Apr 19, 2:20 PM
    • 14,258 Posts
    • 16,181 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:20 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:20 PM
    Hi and welcome.

You tell us you received a Claim Form from the County Court Business Centre on 4th April, but what is the Issue Date printed on that Claim Form?

You now need to be reading the second post on the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find good guidance on how to create a winning Defence.
    Last edited by KeithP; 16-04-2019 at 2:23 PM.
    • Cockell
    • By Cockell 16th Apr 19, 2:27 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cockell
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:27 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:27 PM
    Sorry, the issue date is 4th April 2019 . Thank you very much I will have a look now. Thanks again
    Last edited by Cockell; 16-04-2019 at 3:40 PM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 16th Apr 19, 2:31 PM
    • 14,258 Posts
    • 16,181 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:31 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:31 PM
    With a Claim Issue Date of 4th April, and having done the Acknowledgement of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 7th May 2019 to file your Defence.

That's three weeks away. Loads of time to produce a perfect Defence, but don't leave it to the very last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as suggested here:
    1. Print your Defence.
    2. Sign it and date it.
    3. Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    4. Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    5. Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    6. Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defence received". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    7. Do not be surprised to receive an early copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire, they are just trying to keep you under pressure.
    8. Wait for your DQ from the CCBC, or download one from the internet, and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Apr 19, 2:32 PM
    • 38,619 Posts
    • 22,562 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:32 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:32 PM
    Don't lie about not receiving any letters in any documents you send to the PPC or the Court!

Especially after posting publicly that correspondence was ignored and binned!

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your posts to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread against you
    • Cockell
    • By Cockell 16th Apr 19, 2:51 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cockell
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:51 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:51 PM
    It will not let me edit my post?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Apr 19, 2:56 PM
    • 38,619 Posts
    • 22,562 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:56 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:56 PM
    Use laptop/pc rather than a phone
    • Cockell
    • By Cockell 16th Apr 19, 4:00 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cockell
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:00 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:00 PM
    Thank you, io have read through post 2 and have read the example of a defence sent for another claim with Vehicle control services limited. But i am not sure if the same defence applies to me. I am completely lost as to how to start or what to include in my defense. Are there any templates?

Many thanks
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 16th Apr 19, 4:05 PM
    • 4,601 Posts
    • 3,962 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:05 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:05 PM
    Notwithstanding that you have a claim to answer and might have to write a defence, if this happened at your place of work, can you ask/demand that your employer have this PCN cancelled ........... or have you already tried that route?
    • Cockell
    • By Cockell 16th Apr 19, 4:08 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cockell
    No they will not get this cancelled. They did orignally for a period of time but that is no longer in place.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Apr 19, 4:08 PM
    • 70,207 Posts
    • 82,782 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Thank you, io have read through post 2 and have read the example of a defence sent for another claim with Vehicle control services limited. But i am not sure if the same defence applies to me. I am completely lost as to how to start or what to include in my defense. Are there any templates?
    Originally posted by Cockell
    Yes, in the NEWBIES thread where you were looking. The examples are near-templates.

You are not lost, they are right there.

Also, have a look at ANY other claim/defence thread on the first few pages here and you will see everyone does this without too much sweat and no posters have done anything like it before. All are like you, stressed and worried and unsure but they all put a draft defence up for us to comment on.

Are you off the phone now and seeing the posts properly? Don't even try to do this ever, on a phone, at any stage.

Have you done the AOS as shown in the NEWBIES thread, in the Govt Gateway?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Cockell
    • By Cockell 16th Apr 19, 4:27 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cockell
    Thankyou, i was reading the examples thinking i dont have a clue what any of this means, i was worried about putting it in my defence and not knowing what im talking about. Because even after reading the example twice i still feel like i do not understand what the points mean, to me it is all gobuldygoup.

Yes i followed the istructions and have done AOS. I am on my laptop now.

I will have another look tomorrow with fresh eyes as i have been at this ALL day and have a massive headache.

I will have a look at a few other defences and will post on here to see what you think.

many thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,466Posts Today

4,397Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin