Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vixg66
    • By vixg66 16th Apr 19, 1:53 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 7Thanks
    vixg66
    Sky mobile - device loan
    • 16th Apr 19, 1:53 PM
    Sky mobile - device loan 16th Apr 19 at 1:53 PM
    I am currently trying to get out of my sky mobile contract due to an increase in my tariff. I pay 32.00pm for a handset over 30 months, which has a way to go. Sky say I can leave the tariff option, but can't cancel the handset option as it is an agreed loan.

If it is a loan, should it be covered in my BR? In which case, would it be written off and I keep the phone? I know that sounds cheeky, I don't mean to be, but my bill is too high now that I am BR and Sky aren't budging.
Page 1
    • vixg66
    • By vixg66 16th Apr 19, 1:55 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    vixg66
    • 16th Apr 19, 1:55 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 1:55 PM
    If Sky mobile were included in my creditors list would it be impossible to get a sim only deal with a new supplier due to BR?
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 16th Apr 19, 3:10 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 2,764 Thanks
    TheGardener
    • 16th Apr 19, 3:10 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 3:10 PM
    All unsecured provable debts are included in BR. So you may technically have a point. Why don't you ask the OR? However, it maybe that Sky could ask for the handset back?

Sim only is the best way to go and you shouldn't have too much problem getting one. There is always the PAYG option on sim only too. PAYG are much better than they used to be.
    • Clouds88
    • By Clouds88 16th Apr 19, 4:22 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    Clouds88
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:22 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 4:22 PM
    What Network are you on? I pay 10 per month on pay as you go with Vodafone and get 2GB date, 500 mins and unlimited messages. It also means things that aren’t covered by my 10 don’t work so no nasty bill surprises.

The only thing with that though is if you are already bankrupt it’s only for debts pre bankruptcy date I think so might not be included.
    • Joa1210
    • By Joa1210 17th Apr 19, 9:05 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Joa1210
    • 17th Apr 19, 9:05 AM
    • 17th Apr 19, 9:05 AM
    when i went BR i was with 3, i kept the handset and it was included in the BR, im on superdrug mobile now which piggy backs 3 and i 10 for 4gb and unlimited texts and minutes
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,419Posts Today

7,146Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin