Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • goingforanewlife
    • By goingforanewlife 16th Apr 19, 12:01 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 311Thanks
    goingforanewlife
    It's final, the debt must go.......
    • 16th Apr 19, 12:01 PM
    It's final, the debt must go....... 16th Apr 19 at 12:01 PM
    Hi All,

After many years of just treading water with our debt I have decided that it has to go as we are fast approaching our retirement and it needs to be way gone before then. In addition, we need to learn to live frugally and within our means so this diary is a combination of our journey to becoming debt free and changing our lifestyle so it is adaptable for our retirement.

We have substantial debt but I am treating it in stages so my first aim is clear the first 7500. I will add a SOA to my diary as soon as I have all the information to make it correct as April is a month when so many slight increases happen in my household bills.

See you soon x
Page 1
    • pidge04
    • By pidge04 16th Apr 19, 7:36 PM
    • 644 Posts
    • 2,092 Thanks
    pidge04
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:36 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:36 PM
    Good luck with this ... wishing you well.
    O/D 1000/800
    CC 5400/2950
    LOAN 10000/3692
    • Choccygirl123
    • By Choccygirl123 16th Apr 19, 7:58 PM
    • 567 Posts
    • 1,719 Thanks
    Choccygirl123
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:58 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:58 PM
    Congratulations on taking the next step to be debt free! Good luck with tackling the first chunk!
    Always counting down to pay day, but making baby steps getting life on track! Looking forward to cracking the debt once and for all.
    SPC 090 - 69.45 / 500
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,451Posts Today

4,275Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin