Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Joshay
    • By Joshay 16th Apr 19, 11:39 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Joshay
    Letter Before Claim ParkingEye
    • 16th Apr 19, 11:39 AM
    Letter Before Claim ParkingEye 16th Apr 19 at 11:39 AM
    Firstly thank you for the amount of content regarding this matter on the forum, the hours you guys dedicate is admirable. However today i have received the letter from ParkingEye regarding a Letter Before County Court Claim which they do try their hardest to look official. After reading the newbies thread FAQ i have a couple of questions before sending off any sort of reply.

Backstory: Crowne Plaza hotel, 1 hour free stay in which the 'driver' was visiting a guest. All ticket barriers covered up with blue wrapping in the entry to the car park, car park is poorly lit at night and as such no signs for parking charges are seen as they are obscured unlit and dirty. Either way the 'driver' left 12 mins after the 1 hour which is where the issues began, admittedly i missed the 14 day deadline due to being away so here we are now.

Before continuing i am wondering if it is even worth pushing forwards and fighting it or should i just give up and pay the 100 now, if its the case of push on and fight it i have some more questions

in the thread post 2 for newbies it states about a SAR on Parking Eyes privacy policy page. I cannot find this at all so cannot email them with that request unless im going scatty!
    I have approached Crowne Plaza general manager to try get the ticket overturned however he is convinced he cannot as it is at this stage however is going to try and see what he can do and get back to me.
    Also when replying to the before court papers they have sent me they have added loads of additional forms to fill in for wages and stuff in which i am not prepared to do.

So any advice will be appreciated and i will continue to update my journey if you can call it that, on this post here.

Thank you in advance.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Apr 19, 11:45 AM
    • 38,643 Posts
    • 22,593 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th Apr 19, 11:45 AM
    • 16th Apr 19, 11:45 AM
    All advice on responding to a LBC is in #2 of the FAQ

No-one here's going to advise you to pay up!

Don't complete their forms!
    • Joshay
    • By Joshay 16th Apr 19, 11:48 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Joshay
    • 16th Apr 19, 11:48 AM
    • 16th Apr 19, 11:48 AM
    Thanks for this, However the SAR question still remains as it is not in post 2. I cannot find it on their Privacy policy page which is annoying.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Apr 19, 12:12 PM
    • 38,643 Posts
    • 22,593 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th Apr 19, 12:12 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 12:12 PM
    There's a contact form on their privacy page.

Look again
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 16th Apr 19, 1:02 PM
    • 4,621 Posts
    • 3,998 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 16th Apr 19, 1:02 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 1:02 PM
    Thanks for this, However the SAR question still remains as it is not in post 2. I cannot find it on their Privacy policy page which is annoying.
    Originally posted by Joshay
    They don't seem to have an e-mail for the DPO on the page, which is the normal way but, as intimated by Quentin, if you scroll right down to the bottom of the page, you will find the contact form.

However, I found this via the ICO: -
    dpo@parkingeye.co.uk
    • Joshay
    • By Joshay 17th Apr 19, 1:42 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Joshay
    • 17th Apr 19, 1:42 PM
    • 17th Apr 19, 1:42 PM
    Update for you all, i have taken the advice and sent a SAR request, thank you to Le_Kirk and Quentin for providing the information and emails. I also used the form on their website. I have also sent a letter replying to their before court claim stating that it is unwarranted etc. I have complained to the land owner and my local MP so hopefully this will be nipped in the bud very soon, if not it will be fought to the very end in a court case.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,618Posts Today

7,393Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin