IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Car parking fine - RK out of country

alfielover1
alfielover1 Posts: 9 Forumite
Hi all

Just looking for some advice.

The registered keeper received a parking fine after the driver went into a car park for half an hour on 03/02/19 to pick up a friend. Cameras captured the vehicle entering the premises and leaving - they have attached photos of the reg plate. The driver didn't actually leave the vehicle so you can understand the frustration having an invoice of £100 for this.

On top of this, the registered keeper was out of the country at the time this occurred. Therefore, registered keepers post was not opened and the original fine not seen until recently when a letter from Debt Recovery Plus was opened asking for £160.

Thank you

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 16 April 2019 at 11:14AM
    Edit your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.

Do this now before you do anything else.

It is not a fine.

Next, send the blue template appeal from The Keeper to the PPC that you will find in the NEWBIES. Add a one liner that since the keeper was out of the country and was not the driver at the time of the alleged event, this is the first they have heard about this.

Complain to the landowner as either keeper or an occupant of the car if this is a viable option. (If the driver or the passenger had business on the site.)

Complain to your/the keeper's MP about this unregulated scam.

Ignore anything and everything from now on except real court papers. Post 4 of the NEWBIES explains why it is safe to ignore powerless debt collectors.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    My sister went travelling for a couple months and lended me her car while I was at univeristy in Manchester.
    Studying English by any chance?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    @OP

If you have used your real name as your forum name then you need to get mse to change it to something anonymous

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread against you
  • Fruitcake
    Forumite
    Who opened the letters?

Who would have paid?

More editing is needed.
  • The driver opened the letters after returning to the home adress of the RK
  • Quentin
    hollyamber wrote: »
    The driver opened the letters after returning to the home adress of the RK

Don't reveal the driver's identity. Edit your OP to remove details of the driver's identity

Only use the third party as in the driver did this/the keeper did that
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    The RK went travelling for a couple months and lent the driver her car while at univeristy in Manchester.
    Nope, still not correct! :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Quentin
    Didn't think I was unhelpful,??

But good luck on finding someone here to advise you!
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    What is wrong with my post? I am seeking advice.. if you do not having anything helpful to input then simply ignore it

If you don’t like certain posters’ inputs you can actually ignore them by not rising to comments made. Fairly simple stuff.

If you can’t deal with it, how on earth are you going to cope with the aggressive, demanding letters from debt collectors (maybe even solicitors’ letters) that will be coming to your friend, potentially over the next 6 years?

Just think carefully about who might be able to help your friend before biting at anyone’s head! It is she who will need the help.

Break it to her gently!

• Fruitcake
    Forumite
    What is wrong with my post? I am seeking advice.. if you do not having anything helpful to input then simply ignore it

If this gets to court you will need to be absolutely precise and unambiguous in your wording.
    Everyone here gives up their time for free to help others.
    You may not necessarily understand everything you are being told, but I assure you it is with the best intentions. You need to think about what you have been told and then work out why you have been given that information rather than give a knee jerk reaction.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business