Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sheff Andy
    • By Sheff Andy 16th Apr 19, 8:13 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sheff Andy
    British Gas - Energy Plus Boiler Cover March 2020
    • 16th Apr 19, 8:13 AM
    British Gas - Energy Plus Boiler Cover March 2020 16th Apr 19 at 8:13 AM
    I recently signed my Mum up to "British Gas - Energy Plus Boiler Cover March 2020" via the MSE energy club. She was already with a British Gas tariff that has just expired. When the final bill arrived for the old tariff it stated that she was on the new tariff as requested but there is no mention of the 25.00 cash back. Is this normal for British Gas to quietly move existing customers to the new tariff without mentioning this?
Page 1
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 16th Apr 19, 7:05 PM
    • 1,500 Posts
    • 1,090 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:05 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:05 PM
    The cashback is nothing to do with British Gas so they wouldn't mention it in any way shape or form. So no point asking BG about it.

The money is coming directly from the MSE Energy Club and only they will mention it. The MSE Energy Club will be responsible for paying your mum the money and they will hopefully do so within the next 3 months. MSE pays some of the money that British Gas gives them for finding customers so until MSE gets its money, your mum won't see it.
    • Sheff Andy
    • By Sheff Andy 17th Apr 19, 7:06 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sheff Andy
    • 17th Apr 19, 7:06 AM
    • 17th Apr 19, 7:06 AM
    Many Thanks gsmlnx - I should have read the details more carefully but I was more concerned about saving Mum 250 a year rather than her going back to a standard tariff. I suppose the surprising bit was she never got any correspondence (email or letter) about the move, the latest bill simply said the current tariff was the "Energy Plus Boiler Cover March 2020".
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 17th Apr 19, 6:42 PM
    • 1,500 Posts
    • 1,090 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 17th Apr 19, 6:42 PM
    • 17th Apr 19, 6:42 PM
    @Sheff Andy
    Not a fan of BG but would have expected an email at least with the new tariff details.Sometimes suppliers can be too remiss about keeping existing customers informed about tariff changes. You may wish to check her online account to ensure that the tariff end date is set correctly or if it is shown on the bill then there instead.
    At least they actioned it so the account is being charged correctly (hopefully).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,439Posts Today

4,101Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin