Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • alboy74
    • By alboy74 16th Apr 19, 5:38 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    alboy74
    Minster Baywatch 100 ticket
    • 16th Apr 19, 5:38 AM
    Minster Baywatch 100 ticket 16th Apr 19 at 5:38 AM
    Hi all, having read through the newbies thread i'm still unsure how to proceed. I received a ticket through the post having parked at the Aldi/Iceland car park on Fulford road in York for just under 4 hours. I use this car park 3 or 4 times a week and have never noticed the signs, probably because usually i only use it for about an hour at a time when i drop my kids off at school and then maybe do a shop at Aldi. However on this occasion i stayed for my kids end of term celebrations, then did a shop and stayed over the allowed time of 2 hours. After reading through i'm thinking my first step is to appeal directly to Aldi, but do i also send the template to Minster baywatch? Having read the template a lot of it doesn't apply as there is no parking charge and i was well over the allowed time, do i simply delete those parts and submit it? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Al
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Apr 19, 6:14 AM
    • 38,643 Posts
    • 22,594 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:14 AM
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:14 AM
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of the driver

If you have put your real name in your post then edit it out

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread against you

It's safe to follow the advice in the FAQ - send the appeal you see there at the appropriate time, but get on to the shop now
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 16th Apr 19, 7:56 AM
    • 12,660 Posts
    • 12,888 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:56 AM
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:56 AM
    On 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these private parking companies. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Apr 19, 11:29 PM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,985 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th Apr 19, 11:29 PM
    • 18th Apr 19, 11:29 PM
    You can delete the bit in the template about the PDT machine, of course.

Did the PCN arrive by day 15 after the parking event?

You will need to aim your complaint at the retail park management, not ALDI.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

414Posts Today

5,453Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin