Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 15th Apr 19, 8:09 PM
    • 3,677Posts
    • 589Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    Astra H indicator issue
    • 15th Apr 19, 8:09 PM
    Astra H indicator issue 15th Apr 19 at 8:09 PM
    I know the indicators on these are a bit faffy. I noticed that the left indicate signal was temperamental so i changed out the stalk for a new one. Problem was i'd press it and it wouldn't signal. It got to the stage i'd press pretty hard to make sure i had pressed it and not just tapped it but no joy.
    Anyway the new one appeared to fix it at first but that just turned out to be coincidence as the problem persists.

For the record, don't have a problem whatsoever with right indicate signal.

So if it's not the stalk itself then what could it be?

Page 1
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 15th Apr 19, 8:11 PM
    • 776 Posts
    • 929 Thanks
    MovingForwards
    • 15th Apr 19, 8:11 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 8:11 PM
    A wire somewhere.
    • Ebe Scrooge
    • By Ebe Scrooge 16th Apr 19, 7:05 AM
    • 4,202 Posts
    • 3,672 Thanks
    Ebe Scrooge
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:05 AM
    • 16th Apr 19, 7:05 AM
    A relay possibly ? Don't know if there's separate relays for left and right circuits, but it should be easy to check in the handbook.
    I may not know much about art, but I know what I like.
    • jrrowleyws
    • By jrrowleyws 16th Apr 19, 5:23 PM
    • 623 Posts
    • 325 Thanks
    jrrowleyws
    • 16th Apr 19, 5:23 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 5:23 PM
    My astra H had the same issue. Could never figure out what was up with it. I just ended up always indicating hard when going left. That car had other issues with the cim module in the steering wheel (horn didn't work with the lights on etc). Got rid in the end as wasn't worth the money to get it fixed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

40Posts Today

1,121Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin