Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • barbara goulding
    • By barbara goulding 15th Apr 19, 5:25 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    barbara goulding
    sorn fine
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:25 PM
    sorn fine 15th Apr 19 at 5:25 PM
    my husband has been unwell since December 18 as has not driven since his van has been parked on our drive since then we declared sorn within a few days .today we received a fine for the van being on the road on 5.4.19 on the day and time it was supposedly spotted we were in our doctors we had an appointment (which we can prove) no one else lives in our home van keys were still in a safe and the van had not moved how can it have been seen and issued with a fine of 157.00
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Apr 19, 5:29 PM
    • 22,231 Posts
    • 28,105 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:29 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:29 PM
    they drive around in vans with ANPR cameras and also they know which vehicles have been declared SORN so they do a check on them , hence why you have received the SORN penalty

it should have been left on the drive
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Apr 19, 5:33 PM
    • 38,627 Posts
    • 22,571 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:33 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:33 PM
    Take this to pepipoo for best advice

This forum majors on private parking invoices not proper SORN penalties
    • Mahone1302
    • By Mahone1302 15th Apr 19, 5:35 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    Mahone1302
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:35 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:35 PM
    As I understand the OP, the can was on the driveway the entire time. Have DVLA provided you with any photographs to show the van on the road? I would suggest that this is simply an error - the ANPR van has picked up your husbands vans numberplate, and the usual checks have identified that it was off the road.

There should be something in the letter from the DVLA explaining how to appeal or at least contact them if you think there is an issue. Do that.
    • Mahone1302
    • By Mahone1302 15th Apr 19, 5:37 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    Mahone1302
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:37 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:37 PM
    Also be aware that if the van was parked on the driveway, but partially protruding on to the public footpath, then you may struggle to get out of this.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Apr 19, 5:43 PM
    • 22,231 Posts
    • 28,105 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:43 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:43 PM
    it stated it was on the road, but the OP has not been clear if it was parked on the driveway and wholly off the road and on a private driveway

you may well be right about the ANPR pickup, so they should have taken pictures of it on the road to prove their case , not just taken the ANPR reading

in any case , the OP should sign up over at pepipoo fightback forums and post in their special section for this issue

do not use a hotmail email address for signups, try gmail or yahoomail etc
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,046Posts Today

7,208Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin