Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wwp8
    • By wwp8 15th Apr 19, 4:02 PM
    • 65Posts
    • 9Thanks
    wwp8
    reclaiming tax from a PPI claim
    • 15th Apr 19, 4:02 PM
    reclaiming tax from a PPI claim 15th Apr 19 at 4:02 PM
    Hi, I am wanting to fill in the online form for my dad who is retired, however straight away I have hit a brick wall asking for
    Total pay from all employments, before tax is taken off (gross pay)
    From P60/P45

My dad does not have either, he has been retired for over 10 years.
    The only thing i can find from HMRC, is a PAYE coding notice which however is 6 years old.

Any idea where to go from here?

TIA
Page 1
    • -taff
    • By -taff 15th Apr 19, 5:29 PM
    • 9,881 Posts
    • 12,706 Thanks
    -taff
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:29 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:29 PM
    Are you filling in the R40 form? You can just put 0.0 in there.
    • Dazed and confused
    • By Dazed and confused 15th Apr 19, 6:26 PM
    • 4,545 Posts
    • 2,339 Thanks
    Dazed and confused
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:26 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:26 PM
    The R40 form is for a specific tax year so if your dad had no employment income in that tax year then as -taff says you would just have to enter 0 for that.

If he has pension income you will need those details (for the tax year in question) along with any other information relevant to the form such as savings interest.

An R40 is really a simple form of tax return.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

37Posts Today

1,432Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin