Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • icklesurfer
    • By icklesurfer 15th Apr 19, 2:23 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 1Thanks
    icklesurfer
    Full and Final Settlement Offer on CCJ
    • 15th Apr 19, 2:23 PM
    Full and Final Settlement Offer on CCJ 15th Apr 19 at 2:23 PM
    Hi All. I was wondering if anyone had any success with making a full and final Settlement offer on a CCJ?

My CCJ is for approx 1700, to Lowell Solicitors, will expire in March 2020 and I currently pay 20p/m to them.

I know that I could wait it out until March but I'm eager to move on from it asap.
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 15th Apr 19, 2:37 PM
    • 17,006 Posts
    • 16,019 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 15th Apr 19, 2:37 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 2:37 PM

My CCJ is for approx 1700, to Lowell Solicitors, will expire in March 2020 and I currently pay 20p/m to them.
    Originally posted by icklesurfer

Who told you CCJ`s expire then ?

What do you think will happen after march ?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".

Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    • icklesurfer
    • By icklesurfer 15th Apr 19, 2:44 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    icklesurfer
    • 15th Apr 19, 2:44 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 2:44 PM
    Ok, I know that the debt doesn't magically go away and I know that I will have to continue to pay my debt off, what i mean is that it no longer shows on my credit report after then.

My point is that I could wait until March whereby I assume they would be more receptive to a FFS as the debt wont be impacting my credit report.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 15th Apr 19, 2:51 PM
    • 17,006 Posts
    • 16,019 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 15th Apr 19, 2:51 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 2:51 PM
    Ok, I know that the debt doesn't magically go away and I know that I will have to continue to pay my debt off, what i mean is that it no longer shows on my credit report after then.

Good, pleased to hear it, Lowell can be very receptive to settlement offers, depending on the situation, and timing.

March is actually a good time to start negoatiations with them, as its also near the end of the tax year, so you do have those two things in your favour, all you can do is make the offer and see how they respond.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".

Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 15th Apr 19, 5:17 PM
    • 13,625 Posts
    • 10,706 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:17 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:17 PM
    My point is that I could wait until March whereby I assume they would be more receptive to a FFS as the debt wont be impacting my credit report.
    That won't make any difference to them.

What you do have in your favour is that you have an instalment arrangement over 85 months and they may be open to a deal that brings everything to a close sooner than that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,486Posts Today

7,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin